Forums » Elder Scrolls

Shops,services,etc

• 41 posts
    May 30, 2014 5:18 PM EDT
    What is one type of shop, service or anything of that nature do you wish was in skyrim?

Me personally I wish there was an enchanting store. Like let's say you want this item enchanted but your enchanting sucks or doesn't fit roleplay. So you go to the guys and pay this much gold for this type of enchantment then pay extra depending on what you want the strength of it to be.
    • 1217 posts
    May 30, 2014 5:20 PM EDT

I'd like that, too. The same could go for a smithy that actually smiths your stuff. You pay them, drop it off, leave, and a courier comes along later to tell you that your gear has been upgraded and it's waiting to be picked up.

• May 30, 2014 10:36 PM EDT

I know smithing/enchanting services exist as mods for Skyrim, but the main shop that I always wanted in Skyrim was a bookstore. I'm a massive sucker for lore and normally have my characters collect books like madmen, and I really missed browsing bookstores in Morrowind, where books were quite expensive and heavy. It might be a small thing, but I also would like to see stores/places that make towns feel like towns, like a baker's or butcher's.

Mods help this sort of thing, but mods exist to show Bethesda what they should put in the next game.

• 30 posts
    May 30, 2014 10:57 PM EDT

An arena! Like the one in Windhelm that was cancelled from the game.

• 41 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:01 PM EDT
    I didn't even think of that got smithing, that'll be great to.
    • 41 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:03 PM EDT
    Well there are butchers but there pretty lame and font make gowns feel alive. I wish insoles could use mods haha
    • 41 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:03 PM EDT
    When I found out about the arena, that ticked me off, that was like my favorite thing in oblivion
    • 622 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:13 PM EDT
    To be honest, Im happy with Skyrim's stores. If you want to enchant something, learn how :P
    • 661 posts
    May 31, 2014 9:45 AM EDT
    Oh, the perils of time... :รพ