Forums » General Gaming

Games that should be remastered/Remade for modern systems?

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2014 12:07 AM EDT
    Now, many of us have these games that, on today's systems, may look laughably inferior, or weird, with all the HD and 1080p graphics that our new systems have pumped into our systems. Do you guys have any games that you love, that you would like to see remade. Or even remastered, for new consoles, PC included? Note, for this, spiritual successors don't count, and the game can't have been remade or remastered yet. For me, even though I've only seen LPs of them, System Shock 2 and. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. While Bioshock is the spiritual successor, I would like to see a remade or remastered version. From the LP I've seen (By Lotus Prince), it seems like a really good game, I'd play it just for SHODAN, she's like a more malevolent, more ruthless version of GLADOS, as for Vampire the Masquerade....

Well, I've only played Redemptions, and got lost in the mine, because it was like a labyrinth, and there was little clue of where to go. If we went with modern HD graphics, and included the stuff from the unofficial patches, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines HD edition (Zod whatever you want it called), could be an amazing game, probably the next big RPG. How bout you guys?

Oh, and maybe Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth....
    • 966 posts
    May 29, 2014 4:04 AM EDT

Rome Total War. I deny Rome II's existence.

• 271 posts
    May 29, 2014 4:11 AM EDT
    Assassin's Creed 1. It's a great game, yet still painful to play at times. Altair assassinating crusaders in next-gen graphics!
    • 108 posts
    May 29, 2014 4:33 AM EDT

I think it can't be done, but VtM:Bloodlines is still being patched and Skywind looks promising. It is just too much work to completely port a game to a new platform. That being said gog.com host a lot of refurbished games.

• 773 posts
    May 29, 2014 7:09 AM EDT

Call me an old fanboy, but I'd love to see the old Ultima games re-made with state-of-the-art graphics and sound

• 8 posts
    May 29, 2014 8:03 AM EDT

Recently finished playing Fable Anniversary and loved playing through it again remastered. If I was to choose any game, there is only one that's on my list and the fact that it hasn't been done yet is almost criminal.

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic.

• 1 posts
    May 29, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
    I've played arena and the story and lore in it was great but the combination of dos and it's terrible performance made it a pain to beat and I would love to see it remastered. So definitely arena
    • 1217 posts
    May 29, 2014 2:37 PM EDT

If they remastered Oblivion, I'd play it. But that wouldn't be my first choice. KotoR would definitely be higher up there. Or Dark Forces II.

• 1 posts
    May 29, 2014 4:40 PM EDT

I would love to see an Oblivion remaster with some form of multiplayer or co-op mode.

• 30 posts
    May 29, 2014 6:49 PM EDT

A Dino Crisis remake or maybe sequel would be nice.

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2014 7:00 PM EDT

Much yes, KOTOR ruled

• 12 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:22 PM EDT

MORROWIND probably the best elder scrolls out there so if they made it with better graphics and a new combat system I wouldn't leave my room

• 622 posts
    May 30, 2014 11:44 PM EDT
    Wouldn't remaking it without its original combat system be slightly ruining it?
  • May 30, 2014 11:49 PM EDT

Yeah, it wouldn't feel the same without the original combat system

• 661 posts
    May 31, 2014 9:48 AM EDT
    Thiago, don't know if you heard or not. But check out Skyblivion.
    • 661 posts
    May 31, 2014 9:52 AM EDT
    A game that needs to be remastered is Two Worlds. It totally blew hard! I only played a demo, but the review I saw, and the other one I read pretty much summed it up for me. The game played like it was a demo. It had so much potential. However one does get bored of hunting Boars every damededable quest.
    • 12 posts
    May 31, 2014 1:25 PM EDT

Maybe but graphics definitely the faces of characters in the old games freak me out

• 8 posts
    May 31, 2014 7:36 PM EDT
    I dont have a next gen console yet but I would buy a ps4 solely for that game remastered. The memoeries are are flooding back to me now.
    • 360 posts
    May 31, 2014 8:41 PM EDT

Demon Souls, I don't wanna buy a PS3 just for it, but I would like to play it

• 1 posts
    June 1, 2014 6:17 AM EDT
    Guess im real old school and would say wing commander. Loved that game.
    • 41 posts
    June 1, 2014 8:58 AM EDT
    The Elder Scrolls games!
    Star Fox!
  • June 1, 2014 10:09 AM EDT

Warcraft 1 and 2.

• 1595 posts
    June 8, 2014 12:42 PM EDT

I'd love to see the Legacy of Kain games redone. All this talk about Mass Effect trilogy coming to Xbox One and PS4 is also very exciting.

• 159 posts
    June 8, 2014 4:21 PM EDT

Destroy all humans 2! invading 1970's America/England! yES

• 159 posts
    June 8, 2014 4:22 PM EDT

And star wars battlefront 2!