Forums » Elder Scrolls

Looking for a non-respawning place to store my stuff

• 83 posts
    May 23, 2014 11:31 AM EDT

See topic.

Currently, I have just become Harbinger of the Companions; yet I read that even Kodlak's room is not "secure" (even after I become Harbinger!) and those chests and cupboards respawn.

I don't mind trekking back to Riverwood (or near it) if there is a secure location to store my inventory there.

• 271 posts
    May 23, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
    I've used the thalmor embassy in Solitude lots of times. Maybe too far away though.
    • 622 posts
    May 23, 2014 2:31 PM EDT
    Google is your friend. Or in this vase, the Elder Scrolls wiki. Oh, and this should have been posted in the RP Help Thread in the roleplaying group (once you reply to this, I will delete this so move your question there).

Breezehome is the best and most logical choice.
    • 88 posts
    May 23, 2014 3:26 PM EDT
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Places-Safe

This is a list of every safe location in skyrim. Thread/
  • Tim
    • 89 posts
    May 23, 2014 8:21 PM EDT

End tables never respawn, so use the one next to Kodlak's bed

• 62 posts
    May 24, 2014 2:20 AM EDT

Near Riverwood? Anise's Cabin, located directly across the steam from the Guardian Stones. You'll be trespassing every time you go in the basement but - besides the barrel upstairs - every container is perfectly safe to store stuff in. It even has an alchemy lab and enchanting table. Just make your way to the cabin and enter her basement (quit it! You lot have filthy minds!!). As soon as you exit, she'll be hostile. Killing her won't get you a bounty as she attacks first. Good aligned characters need not worry too much about taking an innocent life. Trust me, she isn't the kindly old lady she first appears to be... 

• 62 posts
    May 24, 2014 2:34 AM EDT

Is he roleplaying a student? 

• 83 posts
    May 29, 2014 8:28 AM EDT

I've currently got all my stuff in that "safe" cupboard in Kodlak's room with the Daedra Heart on the plate sitting on top of it.

I still empty and replace everything regularly, though.

I am looking to buy Proudspire in Solitude (for that Stone of Barenziah!) and store stuff there!

Sadly, I've downloaded the latest patches - buying the manor is the only way I can get it...