Forums » The Lounge

What would you guys do during a zombie/nuclear apocalypse? And w

• 856 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:00 PM EDT

The main danger in the walking dead is the sheer stupidity of most of the survivors, the zombies seems smarter than them - I couldn't get 'into it'.

• 1913 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:02 PM EDT
    I prefer the walking dead video game :) the emotions!!! And the characters aren't all brain dead there, they have intelligence, just not Einstein level :P
    • 1913 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:03 PM EDT
    And he one with clementine, not that idiotic FPS that is essentially broken...
    • 856 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:04 PM EDT

Cremating the recently deceased would be a must.

• 856 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:05 PM EDT

Mountains are a good idea.

• 966 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:10 PM EDT

Not to mention the already present organized (and armed) militia, way too many bunkers and other defences, as well as good infrastructure (and it might be useful that literally every bridge is rigged to blow when needed). Switzerland OP.

• 1217 posts
    May 22, 2014 12:13 PM EDT

That'd be a good idea, but if a zombie outbreak could happen, I really couldn't imagine it spreading as far or fast as it always happens in fiction

• 1441 posts
    May 22, 2014 1:04 PM EDT

Well shiz, I live in California, where the most edible game would be in one of the National Parks or in preserves. Yeah, we could farm, but if we cant, we're boned

• Al
    • 23 posts
    May 22, 2014 1:13 PM EDT

couple hundred rounds of ammo, my trusty AK, and all the food, water and medical supplies I can pack into my jeep with my family and heading up to my grandparent's cabin.

• 1441 posts
    May 22, 2014 1:28 PM EDT

You have an AK? Neat. All I got is a pellet gun shaped like a Hunting Rifle, I could use it for whacking foos upside the head though, but I have a hatchet, even better.

• 585 posts
    May 22, 2014 2:42 PM EDT
    You Americans are so OP :p
    Seriously though, I'd get all the food I could then run to my tough cousins and uncles a couple hours drive away.
    I don't have many options in terms of weapons, my family has a few axes, a crowbar and some knives but that's it, so I would rely on sheer force and strength in numbers (as I said before, I have a lot of strong relatives).
    Then I would just either stay with them and loot the surrounding areas, or go up to the Peak District which is 20 mins drive away, hunting and fishing etc.
  • May 22, 2014 3:10 PM EDT

I don't mean to brag, but I have 4 swords, a pellet gun, 3 knives, 2 daggers, 2 crossbows and a hatchet, so I'm pretty chilled.

• May 22, 2014 3:24 PM EDT

I blame the 2nd Amendment, and incompetent gun laws. 

• May 22, 2014 3:28 PM EDT

Ok. For either scenario

1. A hammock

2. a hatchet

3. a rifle

4. a bow

5. rope

6. a hat.

I have all of them. I'm a redneck from the American South East. Good luck taking me down. 

And to Illustrate my point, a song

• 585 posts
    May 22, 2014 3:36 PM EDT
    Nah gun laws are great, I think if everyone in England could get a gun we would all die within a week :p
  • May 22, 2014 3:38 PM EDT

Gun laws are pretty effective. They should make heroin, cocaine, meth, and all those other drugs illegal too. That way no one would get them. 

• 856 posts
    May 22, 2014 3:44 PM EDT

The 2nd Amendment is fine as written:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Key words that get ignored: Militia, State, People (as in plural). So this reads that a state militia can keep weapons without regulation by the federal government. Most people only read it as, "A person's right to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." , which it clearly doesn't state. (I have no problem with hunters needing firearms to hunt or for people to protect themselves, but you don't hunt deer with an AK47 nor is one necessary for home defense...)

• 88 posts
    May 22, 2014 3:56 PM EDT
    Ummmm.... Well I would first go to the cadet core and break in the gun locker, and take everything I could fit in a car. Then with my 5 rifles and weeks worth of ammo I would go to either the town hall's basement (an old prison with concert walls with a door most vaults would be jelly of), or go to the experimental farm just outside of town and try to find the old Concetration camp Hitler used in WW2, since there might be a bunker there, and it's right next to a farm in the middle of nowhere.
    • 7 posts
    May 22, 2014 6:06 PM EDT

I would put war paint on my face, wear a bandana, grab my katana and my two 6" daggers and charge out, only in my pants, rambo style.

• May 22, 2014 6:19 PM EDT

Yeah, but militias are made up of everyday people, and their personal weapons. 

#'Murica

• May 22, 2014 6:20 PM EDT

Dude, I know what you're saying. I'd either paint a hockey mask or something, or make me one of those African War masks. Put some rope on that and make it look like dreads, if not rope, some feathers. Go to war with my war club. 

I'm picking up what you're putting down. 

• 1217 posts
    May 22, 2014 6:22 PM EDT

Your deaths would be glorious XD

• 1441 posts
    May 22, 2014 7:26 PM EDT
    You do realize criminals couldn't give a buck about laws right?
    • 1441 posts
    May 22, 2014 7:27 PM EDT
    I have a katana, hunting knife, hatchet, and whatnot
    • 1441 posts
    May 22, 2014 7:28 PM EDT
    A Redneck? Do people seriously call themselves that? I thought it was supposed to be an insult