Forums » General Gaming

Most "Oh Shiz" moment you've ever had in a game?

• 1441 posts
    May 21, 2014 7:33 PM EDT
    What is the moment, or moments, in gaming, that have made you go, "Holy Shiz!" and yes, I do not use the S word, deal with it. It doesn't even have to be a scary game, it just has to be completely out of left field, something that comes right the hell out of nowhere. For me, playing the IPad Mini version of the 90's Alone in the Dark, it's anytime a monster shows up. Yeah, they look down right goofy by today's standards, but the music is the only cue of them coming, and you don't know from where. Or, it could be any boss fight in Dark Souls.
    • 360 posts
    May 21, 2014 7:40 PM EDT

While my answer is about dark souls it wasn't a particular boss fight. My first successful online parry! I was so freaked out because I had finally gotten the timing right that I messed up the riposte XD

Now my success rate has gone up though, after you get your first the others are much easier

• 1441 posts
    May 21, 2014 7:43 PM EDT
    My first experience when someone invaded. I was killing a Hollow, when all of a sudden, this buff chick runs out from behind the corner, and before I could turn, shanks me in the back, for no reason. That is why I'm gonna join the Darkmoon Covenant, after I find out where to go next.
    • 38 posts
    May 21, 2014 7:47 PM EDT

* skyrim spoiler *

when a huge dark dragon came down and saved my life from the headmans axe.

• 700 posts
    May 21, 2014 8:57 PM EDT

Immediately after walking through the fog gate that leads to the Capra Demon for the first time.  I screamed like a bitch.

• 8 posts
    June 16, 2014 12:57 PM EDT
    I'm torn, its either minecraft when I dig and suddenly out of nowhere I touch THAT ONE SAND BLOCK that is connected to a lot of them and end up falling. Either that or in any modern day sandbox game, when I'm walking down the street there's this npc driver acting how (s)he shouldn't and accidentally running me over
    • 1441 posts
    June 16, 2014 2:51 PM EDT
    Oh I know that. I still haven't beaten him. And what's worse, there are more of them, and they're regular enemies....
    • 1 posts
    June 16, 2014 3:25 PM EDT

When I was Playing DkS II and the Bloody Pursuer appeared. Lord was I scared.

• 7 posts
    June 16, 2014 4:23 PM EDT

The opening of Mass Effect 2...dropped my jaws two times,the second time it fell into the pool of tears.

I have just encountered the following scenario in Skyrim:Sprinting out of Riften a dragon was heard,but no visual contact.Must have been a spriggan out there because all of a sudden,three bears and a troll attacked me,i managed to take down a bear when the dragon landed.
    After battle:dead dragon<-->flame atronach,storm atronach(scroll),three undead bears and a troll(awaken bíy ritual stone)

• 1217 posts
    June 16, 2014 4:25 PM EDT

I slightly ruined the effect of the ME2 opening by playing it before ME1.

• 1441 posts
    June 16, 2014 4:27 PM EDT
    For me, in Skyrim, I was just wandering the countryside for some misc. quest, when all of a sudden, a legdandary dragon attacks, and Faendel and. I close it. Not a second later, ANOTHER legendary dragon swoops in, and we were being attacked by double d's.
    • 17 posts
    June 16, 2014 4:43 PM EDT

I'd say the time I was attacked by a Giant. Then another Giant. Then a legendary dragon. 

• 700 posts
    June 16, 2014 6:04 PM EDT

About two days after posting this, I beat him.  I recently started a new character now that I know what I'm doing and it still took me two times.  But that's as opposed to 20+ on my first run.  What class are you playing?  The nimble classes have it much easier.  

• 1483 posts
    June 16, 2014 8:16 PM EDT

SPOILERS. In Thief Deadly Shadows, after escaping the trial ghosting through the whole city to get to the only safe place I knew - my hideout, only to find out they are waiting for me there!

• 88 posts
    June 16, 2014 9:02 PM EDT
    For me it's in KSP when a wing or an engine I kind of needed to not spontaneously explode rips off my plane/rocket for no apparent reason!
    • 1441 posts
    June 16, 2014 9:56 PM EDT
    I know that feeling, it was so nerve racking running, hiding, and flashing those demon ninja things. Also, Shalebridge Cradle, mother bucking Shalebridge, that place was freaky.
    • 93 posts
    June 16, 2014 10:46 PM EDT

I was playing Animal Crossing New Leaf a day or two ago, and a villager wanted a piece of furniture. I accidentally gave them my Master Sword.

• 19 posts
    June 17, 2014 1:50 AM EDT

When my duplicated Black Stars glitches out and using one would use all of them. 300 souls, gone.

• 12 posts
    June 17, 2014 8:26 AM EDT

Coming across a Dwarven Centurion.

• June 17, 2014 10:06 AM EDT

The first time I met the Flood on Halo.

• 8 posts
    June 17, 2014 12:31 PM EDT
    I had a similar experience but in the new thief, you know those evil shadow demons? Well, I was sneaking though the asylum, I turn around and there's five of the buggers! So I spin around, blasting at them with fire arrows, and then after a bit CUTSECENE and I was on the ground, and fifty at them were after me!
    • 4 posts
    July 25, 2014 10:38 PM EDT

Attacking something in any RPG only to find its health go down by 1% then it bringing your health down  50% in 1 hit. 

• 145 posts
    July 25, 2014 10:45 PM EDT

My first Houdini Splicer in Bioshock...

• July 26, 2014 1:19 AM EDT

I was playing skyrim,but I was in the temple of the nine on the wolf queen awakens quest.but the music was always chilling in the temple.so I'm walking down with the creepy music,see a a draugr,and screamed so loud.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 26, 2014 7:33 AM EDT

Quite a few moments in Mass Effect.

A lot of just walking up and shooting people when I lease expect it.

Poor Wrex. I had to reload and opute points in Influence or whatever that talent was.