Forums » The Lounge

New Group Idea

• 185 posts
    May 20, 2014 9:22 PM EDT
    I really want to see that group... I hope that we get more interest this time, as some quality Oblivion/Morrowind builds would be great (Hell, the builds out there are just "Use that, that and that, you're a paladin blahblahblah do the dark brotherhood)
  • TED
    • 45 posts
    May 20, 2014 9:52 PM EDT

Hi, Billy Mays here for support!  My interest level is at an 11; that's because I like to go one step further.  My journey with the Elder Scrolls dates back to when Morrowind first came out.  I enjoyed everything I did, even when I failed miserably.  Skyrim would never have been in my gaming collection if I didn't start out slaying Cliff Racers with the power of my fists and finished them off with the custom-made Oxiclean spell!

• 87 posts
    May 20, 2014 10:57 PM EDT

I will never forget Cliff Racers... even with the Boots of Blinding Speed, they outran me. You're right- Morrowind will never truly leave my gaming circulation. I am glad that you are as enthused as I about this group, and I really hope that enough other people are just as excited.

• 87 posts
    May 21, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
    Exactly. It was the same with Skyrim before we introduced the Character Building group, and I expect even greater things with the custom classes and better roleplaying potential.
    • 61 posts
    May 21, 2014 5:09 PM EDT

I would enjoy a group like this. I can only imagine the type of character building done on this site done for Oblivion (Especially seeing as you can create classes).

• 87 posts
    May 21, 2014 11:12 PM EDT
    I'm glad that you want this group. Could you please like this page so that the group will be closer to getting started?
    • 87 posts
    May 23, 2014 6:12 PM EDT
    This question is aimed at anybody qualified to make a group- how many people do we need in order to actually carry out this plan?
    • 856 posts
    May 23, 2014 9:32 PM EDT

I wanted to let you know that this post has not been ignored. It is a topic of consideration in the 'Grey Council'. I think you'll know something by the end of next week at the very latest.

• 87 posts
    May 23, 2014 11:25 PM EDT

First of all, "Grey Council" sounds like some sort of evil organization. :-) Anyways, I have narrowed this down to just the gameplay of these games, as the Blog does not cover that. If you think I should narrow it down further, please let me know. Thank you guys for your time and help.

• 856 posts
    May 23, 2014 11:57 PM EDT

I've been using that phrase for the admins for some time now... I borrowed the phrase from a scifi show called Babylon 5... Link.

• 87 posts
    May 24, 2014 12:10 AM EDT
    I knew I heard it somewhere! I have always been a scifi fan- Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Doctor Who. etc.
    • 87 posts
    May 25, 2014 9:55 PM EDT

This is basically just a shameless bump, as this discussion has gotten buried and I need more responses.

• 1217 posts
    May 25, 2014 10:05 PM EDT

Why don't you update the OP with anything the idea has grown to include, to make sure everyone is on the same page.

• 87 posts
    May 25, 2014 10:15 PM EDT

Thanks for the enthusiasm. If you want this group, though, I would really appreciate a like. :-)

• 87 posts
    May 25, 2014 10:17 PM EDT

Actually, I was told to make this idea smaller. If there is anything that you believe this group should include, please tell me.

• 1217 posts
    May 25, 2014 10:40 PM EDT

Yeah, more clarity is what I'm missing, on what exactly the group would entail.

• 87 posts
    May 26, 2014 11:01 PM EDT
    I have gone into more detail.
  • TED
    • 45 posts
    May 26, 2014 11:09 PM EDT

Hi again!  I got the idea to actually play Morrowind again and post a thread on that experience.  Maybe when that happens, you could link that as an example of what could be a part of the new group idea? 

• 87 posts
    May 26, 2014 11:32 PM EDT
    Great idea! Can you please PM me that link beforehand?
  • TED
    • 45 posts
    May 26, 2014 11:34 PM EDT

Yeah, I can do that.  I'll have to add you first.  

• 87 posts
    May 28, 2014 12:29 AM EDT
    Thanks.
    • 773 posts
    May 28, 2014 2:47 PM EDT

Good news chaps!

It's been decided that this group can be made, at least on a trial basis. To enable this to be actioned we will now need to have:

1. A decent descriptive name for the group

2. At least one (possibly more, but one will probably suffice) group host (to run the group). I am assuming that the LordArch Canon is willing?

The group will be made on a trial basis. If it works well, and there is a steady stream of activity then it will certainly stick around. But if it dies a death in short order, then it will be removed. So you need to think of ways to attract active members and keep things lively!

I have offered to 'oversee' the group on behalf of the Admin team. I WON'T be running it for you! But I'll be on hand to help with the mechanics of setting up the group, and add my (not inconsiderable) expertise in group management on the site.

Well done, your persistence has paid off - and we look forward to seeing you develop the idea.

• TED
    • 45 posts
    May 28, 2014 2:56 PM EDT

That's awesome news!  

• 87 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:36 PM EDT

Thank you! I am, of course, willing to host this group. I am still thinking about names- if anybody has suggestions, please post!

• TED
    • 45 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:46 PM EDT

Elder Scrolls Temple?