Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could add new spells to Skyrim, what would they be?

• 132 posts
    February 8, 2012 10:04 AM EST

Being a huge fan of magic, I got to thinking about what cool new spells could be in Skyrim. I've seen a mod that does just that, and some of those are AMAZING. Here's what I can come up with:

Guardian Rune- Conjuration: Rune placed on a surface. When triggered by an enemy, a dremora Kynreeve is spawned on the nearest empty spot on the ground, where it immediately attacks any nearby enemies. Disappears after 20 seconds, and does not count as a summon.

Double- Illusion: Creates an illusory double of yourself. Runs away from everything, including the caster, and causes some nearby NPCs to chase it. Disappears after 10 seconds.

Cleansing Light- Restoration: Spell designed to kill undead. Able to damage undead even without Necromage.

Cure Disease/Poison- Restoration:  Self explanatory. Why were these removed?!

All I can think of at the moment, please post your own.

• 856 posts
    February 8, 2012 10:35 AM EST

I like 'Guardian Rune'.  Many varities are possible, as well.  Here's some on my wishlist.

Feather - Alteration, or Fortify Carry Weight - Restoration:  Fortifies carry weight.

Marksman - Restoration:  Increases bow damage. (similar spells for different weapons).

Silver tongue - Restoration:  Increases speech craft.  (similar spells for various skills).

Dispel - Alteration:  Removes spell effects on target (blocked by wards).  If target has magical weapon, the magical effects are temporarily (20 secs) removed.

Transmutations - Alteration:  Similar to transmute, but can convert to different ores, eg malachite to ebony, etc.  Would probably need different variants.

Free Soul - Conjuration:  Empties targeted soulgem of trapped soul.  Soul is lost, and soul gem is empty, ready for use.

Forcing Soul trap - Conjuration:  Can trap a soul in a gem one size smaller.

Bound 'weapon' - Conjuration:  Conjures a bound 'weapon' (varients of existing spells to cover omitted weapons)

Elemental Blast - Destruction:  Unleashes a stream of harmful magicka, combining the effects of cold/fire/electricty.  (bolt and stream varieties).

Cat's eye - Alteration:  the khajiit night vision power  (not going to list all, but basically different spells  that duplicate the racial abilities, where possible).

I could do this all day

• 773 posts
    February 8, 2012 10:37 AM EST

I wonder how long it will before someone suggests Levitation 

• 27 posts
    February 8, 2012 10:38 AM EST

this spell would be kinda like flame cloke but as a pushing force in all directions it would be called Fire Burst and it will do 25 points of damage and a 45% chance to blow back enemes.

or just earth spells like posion, or even tosing some stons around.

Static Shock: as an eneme walks over the spell it will hold them for 5 points per sec for 5 sec.

• 856 posts
    February 8, 2012 10:38 AM EST

I think you just did.

• 27 posts
    February 8, 2012 10:45 AM EST

no runered you said feather paul is talking about floting in air.... or walking on it like in Morrowind!

• 77 posts
    February 8, 2012 11:46 AM EST

I would add a spell with a similar animation and look as the Raise Zombie spell, but have it be a damaging spell.

Light blue-smokey magic makes me laugh manically :)

• 856 posts
    February 8, 2012 12:16 PM EST

Read more carefully - I was pointing out the fact that Paul just mentioned 'levitation' in his post.  My quote is 'I think you just did.'  'You' being the pronoun referring to 'Paul', in response to his post.

• 132 posts
    February 8, 2012 12:55 PM EST

Turn-your-blood-to-Phazon spell :D

• February 8, 2012 3:39 PM EST

There's already a mark/recall mod out there which is pretty cool.

Other than that, I want better master spells. Like good stream ones. I'm surprised they didn't make high level stream spells as they are very effective. They just need to have less damage. The 2hand master spells don't really work as well as a few dual casts of chain lightning or fireball.

• 577 posts
    February 8, 2012 5:39 PM EST

Maybe some sort of gas spells (shut up, I know what you're thinking!lol) To make hallucinations, poisonious of course would be a good gas.

Cast a conjour spell of money that would attract non-dead NPC. Spell of Mirage? Maybe a spell of sounds that would sooth the foe. Also would work with animals. You know, like high pitched whistles with dogs.

How'bout a spell that uplifts the ground? or makes mounds or jagged rocks to stall the enemy. I don't know. Just brainstormin here. How'bout one where you through down a bannana peel? hahaha!! Actually would be cool to ice the ground and NPC's would slide on it. Surprisingly there's no 'slippage' in Skyrim with all the snow.

• 17 posts
    February 8, 2012 6:41 PM EST

I was confused why they took the "touch" spells out, its perfect for true mages who dont like using weapons.

• 133 posts
    February 8, 2012 8:46 PM EST

there's only one spell i miss, and it's not in elders scrolls games since daggerfall. it's the levitation spell. think how fantastic seeing those breathtaking skyrim scenaries from above.

• February 8, 2012 11:10 PM EST

Well they sort of implemented it with the spray spells but then what they lacked was making higher level versions of them.

• 38 posts
    February 9, 2012 3:04 AM EST

why was cure disease removed? I'd say because when you get a disease, the cure isn't as simple as cast a spell.

this is a great idea. i'm not a spell caster. explosion spells would be nice, anything else that sends guys flying

• 708 posts
    February 9, 2012 3:35 AM EST

Charge Shield: Next shield bash/block deals shock damage to target/attacker and knocks them down (like fus ro)

Magic Weapon (one for each element): Unenchanted weapon deals extra damage of said element for 60 seconds

Deflect Spell: Sort of like a ward that only lasts about half a second, reflects spell projectile/spray at attacker (I had great fun with a 1 second reflect spell 100% in Morrowind and Oblivion)

Magicka/Health/Stamina Well: Channeled Master level spell, absorbs vitals from everyone in radius

• February 9, 2012 6:28 PM EST

Here are some ideas that during gameplay they came to my mind and could actually be pretty handy!! ^^

Flame Orb (from wow)(destruction) - Creates an orb of fire/frost/electricity that will slowly walk forward, damaging all nearby opponents. Lasts 10 seconds and it will explode after its duration.

Earthquake (destruction) - Creates a small quake that will slow enemies significantly damaging them for x damage per second and has a small chance to knock them down. The caster must be casting it to allow the spell to last.

Orb of lightning (restoration) - Creates a standing orb that will send a beacon of light blinding all enemies close to the caster, making them unable to see for 10 seconds. It has a chance to damage enemies health.

Summon Transport (Conjuration) - Summons a random animal (bear, cat lion, horse or a small chance of an unicorn) that will allow the caster to mount on and travel with. Doesn't work on battle and lasts until dismount.

So there it is! My opinion of some spells that could be handy or just fun to have =)

• 98 posts
    March 23, 2012 2:46 PM EDT

Mine isnt a spell ,but its a shout: Shoop-Da-Whoop. It's pretty mush self explanitory.

• March 23, 2012 3:44 PM EDT

Hmmm, well they already have a mod for new mounts (Sabercats, bears, wolfs, frostbite spiders etc.) But it would be nice if they added some new ones for you console players.

• March 23, 2012 3:45 PM EDT

Lol, I think thats a mod.

They already have a "THIS. IS. SPARTA!" Mod that replaces Fus Ro Dah!

• 7 posts
    March 23, 2012 9:33 PM EDT

I think just a basic slow spell would be nice, its already an alchemy effect

• 360 posts
    March 19, 2013 3:05 PM EDT
    I think a darth vader force choke would be very nice: alteration, holds one enemie in place an damages him 10 points per second and is an expert lvl so it costs more than telekinesis
    • 64 posts
    March 19, 2013 10:26 PM EDT
    I'd like to see some Shadow magic. They showed some wind and sand magic in Dragonborn so I'm hoping to see different magic types soon. Shadow will be my top vote though
    • 47 posts
    March 19, 2013 10:40 PM EDT

There are frost, flame, and storm spells, so the natural additions would be:

Earth magic - from blasts of pebbles and gravel into the enemies' faces, to almighty boulders crashing down like asteroid impacts.

Water magic - start at a bucket of water in the face, progress to tidal waves conjured out of nowhere to crush whole squads of the enemy.

Light magic - from distracting bursts of colour and shape to unbearable blinding searing walls of pure light.