Forums » The Lounge

The Character Build Deathmatch

• 739 posts
    May 10, 2014 11:48 AM EDT

Welcome to the Character Build Deathmatch!

Each week 6 builds from the dark bowels of the Bloodworks are belched up and pitted against each other in a 24 hour battle for survival. The winner gets to live to fight another day, the losers however are served instant death.

This week the following 6 builds have been dragged into the arena for your entertainment!

The Frost Child by Rulanin

The Penitus Shock Troop by Jesse

The Shaman of Black Marsh by DNFan

The Exiled by Johhny Dimple

The Bleak Mirror by Magnus Farraday

The Eyes of Midnight by Odahving

Any build that scrapes 20 likes during the course of the match will progress into the next rank and will naturally escape death.

Have fun reading and don't forget to vote in the poll for your favourite!

• 773 posts
    May 10, 2014 1:46 PM EDT

The only one that I felt was interesting to me was The Exiled.

It got my vote and I gave it a 'like' as well, as its got a fully worked out role-play and has great presentation. For some reason people criticise him in the comments for having too much role-play. Too much? How can you have 'too much' role-play in a role playing game?

Anyway, thats the one that stood out for me....

• 3 posts
    May 10, 2014 2:25 PM EDT

I think people say there is too much Role-Play because it completely overpowers the gameplay, and the basic info for the character.

• 485 posts
    May 10, 2014 9:36 PM EDT

Im going to go ahead and vote for the exiled as well. Its a good build, and leagues above the other death match contestants. 

• 622 posts
    May 11, 2014 5:49 AM EDT

Exiled gets my like too. All the others didn't interest me

• 739 posts
    May 11, 2014 3:54 PM EDT

The Exiled was our winner and has progressed to recognized!

Unfortunately all the other builds have failed to hit 20 likes and did poorly in the poll. They have now been removed from the bloodworks!

See you next week!

• 4 posts
    May 11, 2014 9:31 PM EDT

NOOOOOOOO......(falls to knees)

• 856 posts
    May 11, 2014 9:51 PM EDT

I enjoyed your build Jesse, and I gave it a +1. But, alas, it did not quite earn enough likes to survive. Perhaps you'll think of some ways you can improve it and give it another go.