Forums » Elder Scrolls

Official High-Res Texture Pack Incompatible with Most Existing R

• 3 posts
    February 7, 2012 5:28 PM EST

Unless your favorite retexture mod has it's own .esp (it won't, trust me, you probably got it from the Nexus) you'll need to see the following thread if you want to use it with the new 'official' high-res textures:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/554970-important-info-for-mod-authors-regarding-official-hd-texture-pack/

The workaround posted on page 2 by Ithot and Quickfox works (unchecking the new official packs from Data Files when you boot up the game, then tweak the lines indicated in your .ini file), I can verify that.

Hate to come around with bad news, but the community will figure it out : )  This should help in the meantime.

-Calthrop

Edit: it's been a while since I've been back, but since this has gotten no replies I'll assume either nobody understands what I'm talking about (in which case I would be happy to explain) or nobody here uses retextures other than the official pack.  By the by, I'm no random poster trying to screw up your game in case that is what you are thinking.

IF YOU WANT TO USE ANY RETEXTURE (IE: FROM THE NEXUS), UNLESS YOU USE THE FIX POSTED ABOVE IT WILL NOT LOAD OVER THE NEW OFFICIAL HIGH RES PACK, MEANING ALL YOU WILL SEE IS THE NEW OFFICIAL HIGH RES PACK.