Forums » The Lounge

The Member Spotlight - Nebula

• April 28, 2014 4:43 PM EDT

Skyrim Bloggers, it’s time for the next member spotlight, this time featuring one of our most promising members, Nebula!

First and foremost, Nebula's birthday was just yesterday (April 27th), so I'd like to open this Member Spotlight with a happy birthday!

Nebula is one of the many members who joined after visiting the Character Building group. He’s a host for the General Gaming group and he is the youngest member to have made it into the Member Spotlight. And when I say youngest, I don’t mean sixteen or seventeen; the dude’s actually fourteen years old. Though this is often said yet rarely meant, he truly is quite mature for his age.

He’s a gaming fan, as most of us are bound to be, and more specifically he is a console gamer. Starting out on the PS2, Nebula enjoys most game genres, particularly Action-Adventure, RPG and MMOs, but dislikes racing games.  Some notable examples of games he likes are The Infamous, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham, and Phoenix Wright. His ambition is to become a game developer later on.

Outside the gaming world, Nebula is interested in reptiles and sea life, which he explains might be the reason why he likes Argonians so much. He is also a fan of astronomy, as his name may give away. In fact, he states that if he cannot begin a career as a game developer, he would like to work in either of those two subjects.

Nebula is one of our notorious members. What he lacks in submitted content, he makes up for his activity in discussions and support of other members. He started out in the Character Building group, while he was active on Skyrim, and has spread out to most other groups as his interest in the game faded, notably the General Gaming group and the Live Roleplaying group. He is also frequently active in the Blog’s Sunday chat, keeping the discussions alive and sharing some interesting points.

Although he is known for his friendly behavior, he has also submitted good quality content, including five builds: The Shezarrine, The Ice Demon (with Tae Rai), The TigerThe Cheetah and The Conqueror, which you should definitely check out!

Nebula is a good example of friendly behavior for the Blog and one of the members who keeps the community together. He reminds us that it's rewarding to be sociable and respectful towards others in everyday life!

• 268 posts
    April 28, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
    Congrats Neb! Nice to see a newer member get the spotlight. All I'd like to say is keep up that positive attitude and astounding work, and we'll all be better because of it! :)
  • April 28, 2014 4:58 PM EDT

Yeah it's really what stands out with Nebula, everyone I asked always said he's friendly

• 271 posts
    April 28, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
    Congratz to you Neb! Good luck with the game Development, if it may fail you, it seems you've got two muuuch, much easier options to go at! :P
    • 360 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:13 PM EDT

Congrats man! 

• 856 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:21 PM EDT

Congratulations Nebula, and Happy Birthday

• 1913 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:37 PM EDT
    Congrats Nebula. I need to find something fitting to give you in celebration... To Google!!!
    • 1913 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:43 PM EDT
    • 1217 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:45 PM EDT
    Happy belated birthday, Nebula! Nice to get to know more about you.
    • 622 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:47 PM EDT

Despite that I've pretty much called you my closest friend on the blog, I had no idea you were so young! Sixteeen at the least... 

I have known Nebula since the time I joined the blog (about a month after he did) and we've been good friends ever since. Always kind, helpful and friendly, you could always count on him to point new members in the right direction or throw in his helpful two cents with the older ones. I know whenever I needed assistance with a build, he always tried to help out even if he little to go. His positive attitude is what made one of the blog a great place to come back to (hell, it may even start rubbing off on me!)

He's a great guy to call a mate, a truly fantastic member of the blog and I couldn't be any more happier to say congratulations on the well-earned spotlight! 

• 149 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:47 PM EDT

Fourteen years old? Could've fooled me. Congratulations, and happy birthday!

• 1913 posts
    April 28, 2014 5:55 PM EDT
    What am I? Chopped liver?! :P
    • 622 posts
    April 28, 2014 6:02 PM EDT

A close second 

• 557 posts
    April 28, 2014 6:08 PM EDT

I 100% agree with everything you have said here, and I could not have said it better myself!

Nebula, it's a privilege to have you as a member, and I am very glad that you keep coming back! You, and all members like you, are what makes the Blog such an enjoyable website! 

• 1913 posts
    April 28, 2014 6:17 PM EDT
    :(
    • 739 posts
    April 28, 2014 6:17 PM EDT

Congrats Neb!

And happy birthday!

• 1441 posts
    April 28, 2014 7:21 PM EDT
    Hey Nebs, happy birthday, and I'm two years older than you. High five!
    • 249 posts
    April 28, 2014 8:49 PM EDT
    Congrats Neb! You definitely deserve it brother. Can't wait to see what you guys have done with the An-Xileel :)
    • 32 posts
    April 28, 2014 10:00 PM EDT

Congratulations on the spotlight and happy birthday! Stop making me feel old, though. =P

• 485 posts
    April 28, 2014 11:17 PM EDT
    From one faceless entity to another, congrats on the spotlight!
    • 249 posts
    April 28, 2014 11:29 PM EDT
    Seems we have ourselves a face-off! :o
    • 1441 posts
    April 28, 2014 11:39 PM EDT
    *Slaps Alastor* That was a horrible pun man.
    • 75 posts
    April 29, 2014 12:33 AM EDT

No Chris that one was really punny. 

• April 29, 2014 3:12 AM EDT

So Nebula you like astronomy, I'm a big fan of that too. It's always fascinated me since I was a kid. How did you discover astronomy, and your other hobbies?