Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Kind Weapon and armor Ty pes do you want Bethesda to add in

• 1441 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:07 PM EDT
    For instance, do you want them to add in spears, halberds, automatic crossbows, etc. well, for me, aside from spears, I would like the ability to pick up tools and use them as weapons. Think about it, you'd have a reason to pick up hoes (the tool, get your minds out of the gutter), pitchforks, hammers, etc.

For armor, I'd like to see Armors from the other cultures of Tamriel, like Argonian style armor, or Redguard armor, it could just be mailed versions of the Alik'r robes for all i care.
    • 490 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:14 PM EDT
    Spears.

Also ... Throwing knives, hammers (maces get old), pikes, glaives, javelins (thrown), variations on scimitars/swords, staves (non-magical), unarmed weapons (hand wraps, sharpened gloves), so many more!
    • 622 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:24 PM EDT

^^^^^^^ And Deerhorn Knives!

• 1441 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:30 PM EDT
    So, wait, would the horn be the hilt, cause that would look so sick
    • 360 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:32 PM EDT

Let's get some twinblades up in this business, and it would also be nice to have something like the ebony blade, the speed of a one handed weapon with the moveset of a two hander and held with both hands

• 622 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:39 PM EDT

No no, you misunderstand. They're a pair of blades that are used in martial arts that are used to 'catch' an opponents weapons

• 1441 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:46 PM EDT
    Twin blades, as in the ones. Used by the Shaolin monks?
    • 1441 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:47 PM EDT
    Oh, those things, gotcha. I wish martial art were in TES. My character would be an Eskrima master. (Eskrima is a Filipino martial art where you start with weapons, and move to hand to hand)
    • 360 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:55 PM EDT
    • 133 posts
    April 26, 2014 11:57 PM EDT
    I've always wanted to see flails in TES.
    • 93 posts
    April 27, 2014 12:38 AM EDT

I have something of a fixation on the idea of battling with a trident and net combo... 

Spears and throwing knives would be wonderful. 

• 1441 posts
    April 27, 2014 12:42 AM EDT
    Ah, Gladiator style, sweet
    • 93 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:05 AM EDT

I feel like that would be hard to implement, especially the net aspect, but I just want it. So badly.

• 1441 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:10 AM EDT
    Maybe some kinda rune or spell. There are mods that add throwable items, like alchemical made bombs, or Dwemer made ones
    • 56 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:11 AM EDT
    I agree with spears. As for armors, theyre okay, I just want to change their cosmetics, so they'd look cool, without making it impractical of course.

I think Bethesda should focus more on improving what they already have than just adding more stuff. For instance, enabling dual-wield blocking. Why they disabled it in Skyrim I'll never understand. I mean, the mechanics could just be changed so that it wont be more effective than shield blocking. Anyway, even if it were, some guys would still prefer shield blocking to weapon blocking, if only for RP purposes. And also put more stuff into unarmed combat. From what Ive heard, it was originally intended to be in the game. They put effort into it on Oblivion, though I dont know how it works. I see no reason why they wont open up those again.

If they should add more, make it about clothing. I mean, seriously, who wants to make their character wear skirts while running around dungeons?

Oh, and staves wont be so bad. Not magical staves. Just normal sticks used by monks.
    • 360 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:19 AM EDT

My build is the only one in the site that uses dual wield blocking, just saying...

• 93 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:20 AM EDT

I agree with realism, but I think limits like that should be restricted to hardcore mode.

As far as spears, I disagree. I don't see how they break immersion, but I am not thinking throwing spears. I'm thinking like a single spear used as a melee weapon.

• 360 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:26 AM EDT

Don't know what you're talking about, it was always there 

• 56 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:43 AM EDT
    Oh. Ha ha. I meant using spear as a weapon. Like the pikemen of the medieval age., or if you want a cooler looking spear, the chinese.

Oh, and locational damage wouldnt be so bad either. I'd like to see someone's limb chopped off when they have no armor. :-D

Bleeding damage done by bladed weapons,not just axes, unless youre in full health.
    • 56 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:44 AM EDT
    Thats a glitch. Im talking about legit dual-wield blocking. :-)
    • 360 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:46 AM EDT

I know, but while we don't have the legit thing the glitch keeps us. And I couldn't resist the free plug :P

• 93 posts
    April 27, 2014 1:46 AM EDT

Though it could be an interesting mechanic to be able to THROW said spear... And then take it back out of your enemy and continue on in melee...

• 56 posts
    April 27, 2014 2:04 AM EDT
    That would be OP. If thats gonna happen then you'll just gonna throw the weapon at them everytime. It would be pointless if you throw your weapon, impale your enemy and not be killed by it.
    • 708 posts
    April 27, 2014 2:24 AM EDT

I'm pretty sure it's because there isn't enough buttons for each arm and a block button on a standard mouse or console controller. I imagine they'd just pull what they did in ESO where you just attack (alternating hands on each attack, power attacks hit with both) with LMB and block normally with RMB.

• 1441 posts
    April 27, 2014 3:09 AM EDT
    I think the reason they weren't included is, the speed, and whether it's one or two handed. For speed, is it faster or slower than a greatsword, battle axe, etc