Forums » The Lounge

Game of Thrones: Who do you hate and why?

• 1441 posts
    April 25, 2014 10:56 PM EDT
    It's simple. Enough, for my fellow fan of a Song of Fire and Ice, wether it be the novels or the show, which character or characters do you hate and why? House Lannister (Except Tyrion, he's awesome)-Oh, let's see. In the backstory, Tywin had Aeryn Targeryn's kids killed, well, he smashed their INFANT son's against a wall, his men screwed Aeryn's YOUNG daughter, then he wrapped them in his. House's cloaks to hide the blood, his house. Colors are crimson and gold. Jaime had Joffrey, oh, and he crippled Bran by pushing him out a window. And let us not forget this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=faGXzoXuwRw Joffrey Baratheon-This guy, what can be said. He's a spoiled brat who believes he can do whatever the buck he wants just cause he's king, he had EDDARD STARK beheaded, and, since he's "oh so handsome", by the medieval standards of Westeros, that means he must be good. And yes, that was true in medieval times, if you were good looking, you were pure hearted, could do no wrong, awesome. If you were just plain ugly,,you were thought of as evil, manipulative, wicked, etc. Well, how bout you guys?
    • 360 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:03 PM EDT

I don't even think you need to mention old joffy boy, erbody hates him. Poor Jack, he did such a good job in that part that people hate his guts.

I don't like Danny

My favorite characters are Tywin, Jaime and Petyr

Let the hate begin

• 1441 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:10 PM EDT
    Please, it's all about Tyrion. For being a dwarf, that guy can be pretty dang badass when he needs to. Seriously, the guy wielding a battle axe and kicked ass.
    • 360 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:17 PM EDT

Everybody likes Tyrion, that's kind of a given. House Lannister is awesome man, I probably like them so much cause they remind me a bit of the Imperials. Tywin is a mastermind, Jaime has some of the best character development in the series, Cersei (hate that woman, but it's fun to see her get screwed, and Lena is gorgeous), and then there is Tyrion, but then agin, everybody likes him. There isn't much point in saying why because it's always the same reason

• 1441 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:32 PM EDT
    Cersei getting screwed....someone's gotta say it, by who or what? Anyway, I'm a Stark man, mainly because Sean Bean plays Eddard Stark, and they're right, Winter is Coming. Anyhoof, if you've ever played Game of Thrones: Ascent, I have two characters. One has sworn fealty to House Stark while following the New Ways, another is the banner man to House Greyjoy, following the Old Ways.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:33 PM EDT

I really, really dislike Daenerys. I almost hate her. Which is a shame, since I like all the characters that are or were around her, with the exception of Mormont.

I also hated Jon Snow until ADWD, but... Well, you know.

And I hate Selyse Florent, hated Robb Stark, hate Hizdahr zo Loraq, hated Renly Baratheon.

"...he had EDDARD STARK beheaded..." I'm not so sure... Someone may have influenced him...

• 189 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:35 PM EDT

Pretty standard I guess. I like Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Jaime, Sam, Ser Barristan Selmy, and Davos. Don't like Cersei, Walder Frey, Lysa Tully, Viserys, Joffrey, Ramsay, Gregor Clegane, Melisandre, or Selyse Florent. Probably a fair few others I'm forgetting as well, but those are most of the big ones.

This is also based on likability of the people themselves. Some of the characters I dislike are actually some of the ones I think are most interesting or best written. I think Sansa is a fascinating character for instance, even though her chapters are often dull and her thought processes can be pretty annoying (especially in the first couple of books/seasons).

Also, I'm basing more off the books than the show, because there are some differences. (Daario Naharis, anyone?) Stannis is a lot more interesting -- and a fair bit more likable -- in the books as well.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:35 PM EDT

One of the most awesome characters in the series... The High Sparrow. 

• 1441 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:46 PM EDT
    Oh, I almost forgot, Syrio Forrel, now he is badass. Do any of you guys here think he changed his face and lived?
    • 1441 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:49 PM EDT
    This is why Tyrion is awesome, he slaps Joffrey thrice. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:49 PM EDT

On the other side, I like Stannis, Davos, Selmy, Littlefinger, Varys, Roose Bolton, Arya, Sansa, Melisandre, Victarion and Euron Greyjoy, Doran Martell, Cersei, Jaime, Areo Hotah, Brienne, Jon Connington, Wyman Manderly and Tyrion. (What can I do? So many great characters...)

And I liked Tywin, Catelyn, Rodrik Cassel, Ned, Oberyn, Maester Luwin and Aemon.

[EDIT] And how could I forget.. I also love Dolorous Edd...

• 1441 posts
    April 26, 2014 12:04 AM EDT
    And you dare forget Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Bravoos?
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 26, 2014 12:23 AM EDT

Lol, although I really liked Syrio, I think he's not among my favorites. I like him as much as I like Daario Naharis. 

• 1441 posts
    April 26, 2014 12:32 AM EDT
    Another reason Tyrion is awesome http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEVkm60TPKk