Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim: Workshop out. With a free, official high resolution text

• 77 posts
    February 7, 2012 1:28 PM EST

I'm downloading it right now :P Discuss!

• 773 posts
    February 7, 2012 1:37 PM EST

So, the 'special surprise' that was trailed is, in fact, a Hi-Res Texture Pack. I can live with that! I'm looking forward to seeing Skyrim in the full texture resolution that it could have been in, if it had not been held back by the outdated technology of consoles

From the release notes

Experience The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as you’ve never seen it before with the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, including Windows Vista or 7 operating system, a minimum of 4GB of system RAM and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.

My specs exceed that, so I'll certainly be upgrading 

• 77 posts
    February 7, 2012 1:41 PM EST

It's also recommending a quad core, so I guess that's something to consider.

oh, and QQ my download speed is stuck at about 80 kb/s :( 

• 773 posts
    February 7, 2012 1:42 PM EST

I'll wait until tomorrow morning, when the USA is asleep - it'll be crawling until then...

• 577 posts
    February 7, 2012 3:23 PM EST

Well, I guess we won't see the PC players for a while (as my head sinks low with jealousy.....)

• February 7, 2012 3:41 PM EST

Looks like I have to make some upgrade plans...

• 773 posts
    February 7, 2012 5:23 PM EST

Just had a quick trawl on Bethesda forums and there' s already at least one mod uploaded made with the Creation Kit

Emma, who made the totally awesome Vilja companion mod for Oblivion, has uploaded a modest house mod. More importantly, the fact that Emma is modding gives hope that we'll get a mod that does companions properly.

• 3 posts
    • 23 posts
    February 8, 2012 6:50 AM EST

The Hi-Res pack really does add something to the game.

Also, I grabbed the Dovakhin Hideout mod. Recommended. It is great!!

• 21 posts
    February 8, 2012 5:12 PM EST

Ok I suck...where is this now?  Who what where?

• 77 posts
    February 9, 2012 4:28 PM EST

It's all on steam.

• 21 posts
    February 9, 2012 4:40 PM EST

I can't find anything on steam, whole site confuses hades out of me.  Heigh ho.

• 23 posts
    February 9, 2012 5:30 PM EST
    • 21 posts
    February 10, 2012 4:04 AM EST

Thank you kindly for that - can't believe there's over 150 pages already, blimey!