Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hosting Positions Available!

• 557 posts
    April 16, 2014 9:59 PM EDT

Hello all, Emer here!

Every now and again there are vacancies in the Elder Council. When this happens, we open our doors to all of you! Such a time is now upon us, and the Hosting/Administrative Teams are turning to you all for help!

We are in need of a few new (or possibly old) Hosts to join (or rejoin) us in the Council. Here are the positions that need to be filled:

• One Host in the Roleplaying Group
    • One Host in the Elder Scrolls Lore Group
    • Two Hosts in the Skyrim Art Group
    • One Host in the ESO Guilds Group
    • Two Hosts in the Forums

If you are interested in any of these positions (or if you know someone who may be interested) then either leave a comment here or send me a private message! Be sure to post a short reason for why you would like the position as well. 

We look forward to seeing applicants, and I wish all possible Hosts the best of luck!

• April 16, 2014 11:03 PM EDT
    I'd be willing to moderate the forums or help out around the lore group.
    • 622 posts
    April 16, 2014 11:09 PM EDT

I will be happy to take on either a role in Roleplaying, the Forums or Art group. I'm pretty active in all of those areas.

• 557 posts
    April 16, 2014 11:21 PM EDT

Yes, precisely. All Hosts (current, and future) must begin to lead by example in order for the Blog to be properly maintained. 

• 490 posts
    April 16, 2014 11:42 PM EDT

Someone can take my RP hosting job. I really wanted to get the ball rolling with Profiles and now that they are getting under way, someone else more invested can jump in for me. Don't want to be just taking up space.

• 1913 posts
    April 16, 2014 11:49 PM EDT
    I could think of no one more suited for the RP job, if love it if you were a host with me, we can come up with great ideas. With my insanity and your mods, we can do anything!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!... *cough*
    • 622 posts
    April 16, 2014 11:57 PM EDT

I currently have a fair few profiles to post... Just not enough motivation to polish them off.

• 1913 posts
    April 17, 2014 12:05 AM EDT
    Well, if you ever want to discuss them, I'm all ears... I have a few profile ideas ready myself, not sure when or if I'll post them though...
    • 773 posts
    April 17, 2014 11:11 AM EDT

I'll give this a bump because there's not been a lot of response thus far - and we do need more people to step forward if the site is going to prosper

• 773 posts
    April 17, 2014 11:13 AM EDT

Tae-rai, thanks for the offer. I think what would be helpful would be for you to say which of the options you really want to do...

My experience is that people tend to do best in areas of the site that they feel most passionate about rather than simply fitting in where there is most need.

• 4 posts
    April 17, 2014 4:09 PM EDT

What exactly entails in the Forums host? And I've wanted to host for awhile it's just i'm not able to be active as often as most with work and other things. 

• 285 posts
    April 17, 2014 11:24 PM EDT
    If no one more qualified will take it, then I'll do what I can with the lore group.
    • 3 posts
    April 19, 2014 3:24 PM EDT

I would love to take a position in the roleplaying group. I just added to popular discusions (THE GREAT DEBATES)

• 3 posts
    April 19, 2014 3:27 PM EDT

If I don't get the roleplay position I would love the ESO Guild Position.

• 1467 posts
    April 20, 2014 1:03 AM EDT
    I'd like to help out with the ESO Guilds of you'll have me.
    I'd like the position so I can personally get more involved with the site and the people on it and help them with something that I would be interested in doing, plus I'd like to get more involved with the multiplayer side of ESO which I've yet to do.

Also I wouldn't mind helping out in the Roleplaying section.
    • 1441 posts
    April 20, 2014 3:10 AM EDT
    I'd like to lead RP group, since I love RPing.
    • 661 posts
    April 20, 2014 3:38 AM EDT

If I may, can I get one of the forums positions? I have a tendency to root out trolls in my territory.

• 622 posts
    April 20, 2014 6:32 AM EDT

TEchnecially it's not leading, since Bryn is still a host there 

• 285 posts
    April 21, 2014 8:58 PM EDT
    Actually, I know you're only looking for one for the Lore Group, but if you would put someone like Matt in too, then I'd be more than happy to help host it(good excuse to dig into the ES games again :P).
    • 1217 posts
    April 25, 2014 10:13 AM EDT

Is it best to post here? I did send a PM to Emer, but just want to make sure that that's acceptable.

• 163 posts
    April 29, 2014 7:53 AM EDT

I would like to apply for the position of a forum host, I am fairly active.

• 557 posts
    April 29, 2014 10:16 AM EDT

I'm going to keep this discussion open for one more day before I start reviewing applicants. 

If suitable Hosts are not found, then another thread will be made. Keep commenting, people! 

• April 29, 2014 12:18 PM EDT

what does it take to be a moderator? What do you have to do? I would like to be of importance to the site, but with school and all, it is hard to be active for more than an hour per day, and then there is the fact that my English is not flawless...

• 3 posts
    April 29, 2014 1:34 PM EDT

I'm very new to the Blog, so I'm not quite sure what a host position encompasses. Can I find some info on what is expected of a host somwhere? :)

• 856 posts
    April 29, 2014 1:53 PM EDT

You speak English better than most natives... no worries there.