Forums » Elder Scrolls

Fort Sungard and Other Forts

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    April 14, 2014 12:22 AM EDT

Anyone else kill bandits in one of the forts and have Imperials move in the next day? I cleared out the Forsworn from Fort Sungard and after going out hunting, came back to find it full of Imperials. Just wondering if this was a glitch or cause any problems down the road with the civil war (I haven't started it).

• 95 posts
    April 16, 2014 7:28 AM EDT

I think it is a game mechanism. When I completed the civil war on the Stormcloak side, Stormcloak soldiers moved in to all the fortresses I cleared. If you didn't started the Civil War, the game puts in Imperial soldiers automatically (I think).

• 78 posts
    September 20, 2014 11:10 AM EDT

I was wandering around the Pale and I came upon that fort with the inn outside its walls (can't remember name). There were Stormcloaks on the outside. I attacked the bandits and the Stormcloaks joined me. After we cleared it, they took it over. I hadn't started the war yet. 

Damn faithless Imperials. They are waiting for you to do the dirty work, while the Stormcloaks are actually helping you. Vote for Ulfric!

• 2 posts
    September 20, 2014 11:49 AM EDT
    I think it's a glitch, I haven't had it happen, but then I only cleared out the one near Whiterun.
    • 47 posts
    September 20, 2014 10:39 PM EDT

Its not a glitch. Its happened to me before. Though when I cleared a fort full of bandits I decided to continue down the road where about 10-12 thalmor came rushing past me. I decided to follow them back and watch them take over the fort.