Forums » Elder Scrolls

Leveling too fast when trying to run a build. Tips?

• 5 posts
    April 10, 2014 9:55 PM EDT

Anyone who is willing to help me out in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I have been playing The ES series for years, but I never sunk into character building until just recently.

I find that at the beginning of my adventures I level incredibly fast and cannot seem to get a build past level 10 without being moderate to severely underleveled.

Again, any information in regards to this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

CraftyRUBS

• April 10, 2014 10:08 PM EDT
    My tip would be to level your primary offensive skills first. A good, albeit challenging way, is to play on master difficulty for the first 10 levels. This will help you earn those offensive skills faster, as it will take more hits to kill weak things. Like three or four hits on a skeever. Then reset the difficulty to how you want to play. (Personally, I play master full time.)

With that in mind though, if you're doing a more passive build, you'll need to take a different approach.
    • 5 posts
    April 10, 2014 10:47 PM EDT

Thanks a lot for that. I play on Master full time as well. Just starting out seems to be my main hiccup.

• 106 posts
    April 11, 2014 10:58 AM EDT
    Power Leveling is usually the culprit
    • 1217 posts
    April 11, 2014 2:13 PM EDT

I just like dragging it out. I've only got three characters so far, and the first one, in the lower 70s is pretty much untouchable. The second, in the early 50s is only vulnerable because he is a vampire, and so weak to fire. I kind of like the weakness of the lower levels. It's more nerve wracking and intense. Maybe I should just turn up the difficulty on the older guys...

• 1217 posts
    April 11, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

I do appreciate that about your builds. Sometimes it's fun to dominate, but doing it all the time is dull.

• 5 posts
    April 11, 2014 8:14 PM EDT

Thanks Ben for the input. I'll keep that in mind.

One more question though:

When using a build that focuses on crafting skills as a key goal how would you advise leveling those and keeping the combat high enough to survive?