Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim in future TES games

• February 6, 2012 12:33 AM EST
    My question is simple: How will the choices made in Skyrim be included in future Elder scrolls titles. For example: Was the dark brotherhood destroyed or rebuilt?
    Who were victorious in the civil war?
    Was Paarthunax killed?

There are many more world-changing events that may effect future games. How will Bethesda deal with the players choices? Will they give th option for the player to choose or will they be vague about the events?
    • 708 posts
    February 6, 2012 12:57 AM EST

They might put it pretty far in the future, where the all of the game-changing events eventuated one way or another (Emperor assasinated by another group (DB dissapeared), Thalmor took over, Paarthurnax killed by the Blades). I thought the same thing after my second playthrough.

• 856 posts
    February 6, 2012 2:22 AM EST

They could simply not mention the events where the player had choices, or only allude to them.  'Glad that civil war up in Skyrim is over.'   or guild related - 'No, we don't really communicate much with the guild in Skyrim.'   or no mention - 'You're worried about what happened 100's of miles away with everything we have going on here - you need to focus'.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 773 posts
    February 6, 2012 3:13 AM EST

I'm sure it'll get mentioned a lot in chatter in inns and comments from various NPCs

But I doubt that the main quest elements will play any significant part, as indeed they didn't with previous games. What we don't know yet, of course, is how far in the future (or indeed, if I may speculate, in the past) the next Elder Scrolls game will be. Or whether they will use its-in Novels to fill in the gap as they did this time.

• February 6, 2012 5:15 AM EST
    Going back would be the best bet... Maybe during the time of the Akaviri dragon slayers or just before the disappearance of the Dwemer.
  • February 6, 2012 5:16 AM EST
    Going back would be the best bet... Maybe during the time of the Akaviri dragon slayers or just before the disappearance of the Dwemer.
    • 7 posts
    February 7, 2012 7:06 PM EST
    They'd probably have something else happen that would set the future of skyrim no matter which side you chose. As for the guilds, most of the time they act as if you completed every quest and quest line possible, like remember when you found sinderion's field research lab, he had a journal that spoke about the player character in oblivion. So they will probably say that the dark brotherhood did make a comeback. Whether paarthurnax lived or died probably wont be relevant. What I'm worried about is how will they make another elder scrolls game becoming better from skyrim- they can't do another dragonborn that would be doing the same thing again, which means no shouts which everyone would have gotten used to.