Forums » General Gaming

Favorite fighting style? (With mods)

• April 6, 2014 8:41 PM EDT
    My friend Simon and I were discussing this the other day. We were both wondering what everyone's favorite fighting style was. Mine is two short swords. Good for blocking and easy to maneuver. Simon's was a spear and shield. What is your favorite fighting style?
    • 1483 posts
    April 6, 2014 9:06 PM EDT
    Spellsword. A spell + a weapon of choice. Preferably fast-paced and agile
    • 167 posts
    April 6, 2014 9:09 PM EDT

I like Sword + No Shield for most of my characters. It's nice and fast without having to worry about a clunky shield.

• 360 posts
    April 6, 2014 9:12 PM EDT

@Miraak, I'll one up you with dual wield blocking, all the attack power of dual wield with the advantages of the block tree

• 189 posts
    April 6, 2014 9:17 PM EDT

Spellsword is definitely a nice one. Very flexible. Probably my most used weapon set. It can work with any type of armor as well.

I also like just a one-handed sword, like Miraak, with nothing in the offhand. It affords a light, quick duelist style, with capability for blocking and bashing as needed. Best suited to a lightly armored or unarmored character.

Unarmed is also fun. Gotta say, I loved switching between the Bound Bow and Khajiit claws on the Regulator. It was great because both styles are effective in their own ways, and they can benefit from a lot of the same tactics/buffs. Plus, you can keep your BB spell in the left hand, and your right claw empty. So quick to summon/dispell the bow at will. No need for hotkeys, left alone the favorites menu.

Sword/dagger can be fun; I'm not generally a fan of dual-wielding, but if I do dual-wield that's probably my go-to combo.

I'd like to tinker with sword/staff, but haven't found the right combo for my tastes.

Not really a big fan of shields tbh; I don't think I've dedicated much time with them beyond my very first Skyrim character.

• 268 posts
    April 7, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
    Agreed.
    • 56 posts
    April 7, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
    Archery all the way. But I like to have a blade running down the length of the bow, so I could immediately use it for melee, like the blade of Anti-Mage. Though I make sure it doesnt come to that.
    • 61 posts
    April 7, 2014 10:49 AM EDT

Well in straight up combat two daggers, fast and insane damage output. If I'm playing more steathily though a dagger and a spell, but it'd probably non-combat releated

• 15 posts
    April 7, 2014 1:07 PM EDT

I for one love shields! Shield + Spell switching to One-Handed mixed with slight use of Bows, probably the most rewarding fighting style IMO