Forums » General Gaming

Other good games?

• 23 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:01 PM EDT

I am looking for a new game... I am using an XboX... please tell me what games you like! 

• 185 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:04 PM EDT
    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion!
    • 47 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:08 PM EDT

This is very vague, what genre are you looking for, what games do you like?

• 23 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:36 PM EDT

played it :(

• 23 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:37 PM EDT

I like all sorts of games! but mostly RPG:s and openworld... I was thinking about witcher 3 and/or Dark souls 2... but I am not sure,.. are they good? what is you favorite game?

• March 30, 2014 3:37 PM EDT
    Thief. Dark Souls. X-Com. I heard Spec-Ops: The Line was really good. Just Cause 2 if you want to dick around.
    • 47 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:47 PM EDT

Witcher 3 is not out till next year mate:) Play witcher 2, it's one of my top 3 games and is an amazing experience. Have you tried Dragon age? thats also in my top 3 although the graphics might be abit outdated the games a blast to play, number 2 isn't as fun but is still a great game, and with Inquisition coming later this year its a good time to play them. I haven't played Dark Souls so can't comment on that but ask Sonneca about that he's a huge fan

• 106 posts
    March 30, 2014 4:07 PM EDT
    Dark souls 1 and 2 is great! Not like Skyrim tho, it's more combat oriented but its an AMAZING game.
    • 111 posts
    March 30, 2014 5:52 PM EDT

RPG's? Try Mass Effect all 3 are excellent RPGs, though combat in the first one sucks a little. Though not an open world as such a pretty open galaxy to explore

I agree Witcher 2 is one of the all time greats for me as well. Witcher 1 isn't bad either and it will help you get into the world of Witchers just in time for the arrival of Witcher 3 and don't forget TESIV (also already mentioned)

• 23 posts
    April 3, 2014 3:02 PM EDT

Well this is my problem! I have played most good games! 

And I LOVED bioshock! especially the first and second one! 

But thank you anyway

• 360 posts
    April 3, 2014 4:44 PM EDT

Ramah said it here, you can't go wrong with Dark Souls, 2 seems like the better place to start, and once you are good with the mechanics 1 is also an amazing experience.

• 773 posts
    April 3, 2014 5:47 PM EDT

You can probably pick up 'Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning' on budget - and its a very enjoyable (almost) open world RPG

• 1217 posts
    April 3, 2014 5:50 PM EDT

Ah, I hadn't heard anything about Kingdoms of Amalur since it's release. I downloaded the demo way back when to get the ME3 content, and it was fun.

• 23 posts
    April 3, 2014 5:57 PM EDT

I played Alan Wake once.... I though it was the worst game I have ever played.

first of all I didnt like the supernatural approach, it felt like they though "hmmmm how do we make this happen, we need a reason or an explenation..... oh, I know! lets just blame it on the supernatural!"  And when they tried to use a little bit about quantum physics as an explenation they fucked up even worse! since quantum physics does not work like that, it is completely different.

But I must admit that the story was interesting anyways.

But the gameplay... oh my god it was boring! you would walk a little bit in a dark scary forest and : what did you know, here are some enemies! wow! did not see that comming! And guess what? THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! you just aim your flashlight at them for a while and then you just shoot them... "but edvin, what about the possessed objects! the ones who flew around!" Well you just dodge them.. that is basically it... The whole game play was : walk a little bit. meet some enemies.. dodge, aim flashlight, shoot, find some ammo and bateries, walk for a little bit, find some enemies.....

The only thing that wasnt terrible with it was how the character read stuff from his novel mid game, But they tried to make a book into a video game wich in this case just didnt work.

• 23 posts
    April 3, 2014 5:58 PM EDT

I looked in to it a bit, and it seemed really fun! I love the cartoony feel of it! however it might be hard to find an intact copy of it... but if I do I will sent you a msg

• 773 posts
    April 3, 2014 5:58 PM EDT

I reviewed the game here on this very site 

• 1217 posts
    April 3, 2014 6:05 PM EDT

Nice review, I'll have to check it out!

• 32 posts
    April 4, 2014 2:12 AM EDT
    Fable 1 and 2 are good. Fable 3 is meh but not bad.
    • 1 posts
    April 4, 2014 5:22 AM EDT
    Have you tried Fallout and Fallout NewLas Vegas? Both Bethesda games and totally open world.
    • 56 posts
    April 4, 2014 8:32 AM EDT
    Im all on stealth games. So, AC I - AC IV Black Flag, Hitman series, and Splinter Cell series. Top 3.

But the game I probably will never be bored playing for the rest of my life is Dota, and now its sibling Dota 2. Just awesome. The strats, mindgames, etc.
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    April 4, 2014 12:47 PM EDT

Kingdoms of Amalur felt kind of flat to me in some ways as far as character, but it's very colorful and the combat is fun. I haven't gone back to it as much as I expected to though

• 23 posts
    April 4, 2014 1:18 PM EDT

Yes I have infact played those games, I loved them! Especialy fallout3, It has great atmosphere! And I have the GOTY edition, so I am still playing through some of the DLC:s The pit was quite distrubing actually... and I didnt get much special loot from it, even though I collected 100steel ingots (wich is maximum) the only thing I got that i liked was the perforator... anyhow. thanks for the tip!

• 29 posts
    April 13, 2014 2:26 AM EDT

Try Darksiders

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    April 13, 2014 2:56 AM EDT

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age was a really great game. That requires the original Xbox though.