Forums » General Gaming

What do you do between level 1 to 20 in skyrim ?

• 8 posts
    March 24, 2014 5:40 AM EDT

I know you level up some skills but which ones and what quest do you start off with.

• 661 posts
    March 24, 2014 6:34 AM EDT

I try not to die, and even after that I try not to die. Its not always succeessful if you must know.

• 1217 posts
    March 24, 2014 9:22 AM EDT

I start leveling physical combat skills (I've yet to play a pure mage), start up RP-suitable quests, though I usually also start Dawnguard early to avoid unwanted NPC deaths. Dawnguard kinda feels like my main plotline now.

• 1 posts
    March 24, 2014 10:01 AM EDT

specially when you are in half health an a 2 handler goes neaby if you know what i mean.

• 1217 posts
    March 24, 2014 10:12 AM EDT

Sounds about right

• 163 posts
    March 24, 2014 10:43 AM EDT

Playing as a pure mage at first is hard, and yes 2-handers are annoying to fight.

• 88 posts
    March 24, 2014 3:20 PM EDT
    That's not what my level 26 high elf thinks....
    • 1595 posts
    March 24, 2014 3:30 PM EDT

It's odd but levels 1- 20 mark my favourite playtime in Skyrim. Even in my D&D days I was never a power gamer and so Inormally get stuck into roleplaying straight out of Helgen as I've never been very good at levelling early and saving quests until higher levels. Unfortunately, this means that by the time my build is "complete", I've run out of things to do with the character.

• 1217 posts
    March 24, 2014 3:34 PM EDT

I really enjoy that period, too. I'm hoping I can find a balance by playing on the PC with a mod that lets enemies level with the character, so the challenge goes on throughout the playthrough.

• 1595 posts
    March 24, 2014 4:22 PM EDT

It's weird but I always prefer the journey rather than the destination. Like if I'm after a certain object or item, once I have it I need to fin another motivator or I'll lose interest in that character.

• 8 posts
    March 24, 2014 4:53 PM EDT

Depends on the build I'm playing but typically I focus on combat skills. I'm also going to echo some other people here and say that levels 1 - 20 are also my favorites levels. sometimes I'll use a mod to slow leveling(sometimes to a crawl) for low level builds or just when I feel like I want things to go slower. 

• 158 posts
    March 24, 2014 7:09 PM EDT

I usually play "clerics" that are basically pure mage builds - I usually give them some 1H skill, but just dagger for RP reasons.  Levels 1-10 "don't count" for me for RP reasons, so I go around and collect all the spell tomes, relevant clothing, tons of alchemy ingredients and do a few of the caves/dungeons between Helgen/Falkreath/Riverwood.  From 10-20, I start the RP relevant quests, hit up the mages guild and Winterhold for some stuff, power level alchemy and some spell skills and then I get very strict about RP'ing my play through somewhere between 15-20.

I'm thinking about turning down the difficulty to whatever the lowest setting is and then attempting a pure RP from level 1.  We'll see how that works out.

Warriors or hybrids with warrior or stealth skills are usually a lot easier; I generally start RP'ing them right out of Helgen Keep.

• 32 posts
    March 24, 2014 8:05 PM EDT

CRAFTING. I craft. A lot. do a bit of the main quest line and then some stuff relating to whatever character I'm playing.

• 1217 posts
    March 24, 2014 8:11 PM EDT

I do like me some crafting. It's kind of a compulsion, actually, I have to try hard not to on characters that aren't supposed to.

• 32 posts
    March 24, 2014 9:47 PM EDT

Smithing is a guilty pleasure of mine, since I have a couple of mods that make grinding it slightly easier with Dwarven Bows (I have a mod that lets me smelt them for 2 Dwarven Ingots).

I've recently been getting into enchanting and alchemy. Alchemy is a lot easier to level with Salmon Roe now that I've found a couple ways to farm it. Enchanting is... a process. I've been to level 100 Enchanting once. And my character was like, level 50.

• 8 posts
    March 24, 2014 9:59 PM EDT

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I hate the first 20 levels at 10 i got to do dawnguard which I hate.I like enchanting but smithing and alchemy are boring and I cant sit still. I think my characters have ADD. After 1 full play through and 3 characters above level 50 its RP time.

• 29 posts
    April 12, 2014 10:07 AM EDT

I level up two-handed skills, one-handed skills, destruction, archery and other.