Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragonborn DLC worth it?

• 15 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:07 PM EDT

I just have a quick question.

I have Skyrim, Dawnguard and Hearthfire (I don't like Hearthfire). And I've completed almost everything I can or could do. Now, I am thinking about buying Dragonborn, does anybody of you think it is worth the 20 euro's they are making me pay? 

How much hours does it add? And does it anything unique or cool to do with my character?

EDIT: I have purchased it and I've been playing it. It's really amazing, the whole area of Solstheim is awesome. Thank all of you for helping me decide. Totally worth it.

• 11 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:19 PM EDT

In my opinion Dragonborn is worth the money. 

Dragonborn adds many things like the new island of solstheim, which will be a sight for sore eyes i'f you've played bloodmoon or are just bored in skyrim. Other things it adds are the 5-6 main quests and heaps of other side quests, new armour, new spells, new shouts, new weapons, new followers among other things.

The DLC probably takes 20+ hours to complete and has references to Morrowind. 

So in my opinion its worth it and a no brainer for any die hard skyrim fan

• 15 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:29 PM EDT

No, I'm a die hard skyrim fan. Played over a 500 hours and still enjoying. Seriously, the game is fantastic. I'm just short on money. Like really short on money :p So I'm still considering.

But new armors you say? Any nice mage or light armors that look amazing?

• 163 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:34 PM EDT

Televanna wizard robes, and temple priest. 

• 15 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:37 PM EDT

Thanks, they look amazing.

• 1483 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:42 PM EDT

It allows for a lot of variety. Adds a damaging spell to Restoration school, a few other awesome spells, fun new environment to explore, ability to rearrange your perks...

So yeah, totally worth it

• 19 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:42 PM EDT

I think it is worth the 20 bucks, but I've played skyrim for + 1000 Hours so as you can tell I love the game.

The main quest is really short, but the quests that you do get are amazing.
    The DLC adds an entire island (Didn't see that one coming, did ya?) for you to discover (plus a realm of Oblivion).
    The new Dragon Shouts are kinda cool [SPOILER?: Dragon Riding (it's not as cool as it sounds though...)], and you'll get a lot of useful powers.

But €20 is a lot of money if you're expecting a DLC with 100+ hours of gameplay (you've probably played through it in about 20-50 hours)

In the end, it all depends on you, since we can't make the decision for you (forgive my bad spelling, I'm really tired right now)

• 661 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:51 PM EDT

Hell yeah its worth it. Its just 20 bucks for a new land to explore.

• 773 posts
    March 17, 2014 6:09 PM EDT

Agree with all of the above - but also would add that if you ever played Morrowind you really need the Dragonborn DLC.

It's awesome to go back to Solstheim and see all the Redoran style houses, Telvanni mushrooms, ash storms and interact with the insular Dunmer people.

Really brings back those Morrowind memories

• 15 posts
    March 19, 2014 5:53 PM EDT

Okay guys, I heard all of you and I did buy it. I'm gonna play it for a while and let you know if it was worth it!

• 15 posts
    March 20, 2014 4:36 PM EDT

I am LOVING IT. Thanks guys for helping me decide. It's so nice to explore a new area. I'm busy collecting the Black Books now. I also like the new armors and stuff. It's really nice.

• 5 posts
    March 20, 2014 4:55 PM EDT
    Be careful when fighting certain dragonpriests i was fighting one yesterday(i also got dragonborn recently) i got my ass handed to me fighting him so my mage hid while His sanguine rose dremora finished him
    • 15 posts
    March 21, 2014 8:12 AM EDT

Oh god, I haven't seen a Dragon Priest on Solstheim yet, but thanks for the warning!