Forums » Elder Scrolls

How do your journeys end?

• 1 posts
    June 17, 2014 5:10 AM EDT
    Depends on how your RP plays out. My last character was so plagued by the guilt of all his crimes and wars, that the faces of his victims drove him to the Throat of the World and hurled himself off. Common ends are dead is dead. Suicide, settled down, rotting in prison, madness, or something creative.
  • Tom
    • 1 posts
    June 17, 2014 5:21 AM EDT

My old favourite character, A redguard Sellsword became horrified at all the things he'd done to gain gold and a holding in skyrim he became an alcoholic, in his drunken rage he got in a fight with the solitude guard and ended up dying in the street, this is how I came to end it :P 

• 367 posts
    March 16, 2015 4:40 PM EDT

I’ve played Skyrim since it was released, and although I’ve had various play troughs, it’s always been with one character. An Argonian called Sotek.

Hundreds of years ago my character Sotek joined a blood moon hunt and eventually defeated Hircine’s hunter aspect. Sotek then spent the last few hundred years leading his wolf pack in the hunting grounds as an Alpha but in all that time he never chose a mate.

With the oblivion crisis, Sotek was bought back by Hircine to prevent the loss of Tamriel to Mehrunes Dagon. Dagon was defeated and Sotek lived out his solitary life until Hircine claimed his wolf spirit once more.

With the return of Alduin, and his threat to the world of Tamriel. The Daedra found they two are under threat. If Tamriel is lost then so are the Daedra who are bound to it. So Hircine sent back Sotek as his champion to defeat Alduin.

Of course he never gave Sotek the heads up on what he was there to do so he’s at a bit of a loss...

Once the defeat of Alduin is assured, Sotek will marry Aela who is his kindred spirit. At some point she will die fighting a sabre cat on the plains then her wolf spirit ‘Red’ will be taken by Hircine to the Hunting grounds.

Sotek then will face a great hunt which will mark the end of his life where his wolf spirit ‘Scarface’ will be reunited with his mate ‘Red’ in the hunting grounds where they will lead the hounds of hircine.

Until another catastrophe threatens the world once more, AKA Elder Scroll 6... And Hircine is forced to take action by releasing his champion upon the world once more. Except this time he’ll have his mate by his side to help.

That’s how I play the Elder Scrolls series.

N.B. By Hircine, I miss spears

Sotek Loyal Hound Of Hircine

• October 1, 2015 1:01 AM EDT

Usually depends on the character. My most recent long-term character, Abberon, perished in the most ironic of ways: Death by the hands of a Daedric Prince, of which he swore to serve as the last of the greater forces that affected Tamriel.

• 26 posts
    October 1, 2015 1:31 AM EDT

That sounds like a BBC headline waiting to happen xD

• 26 posts
    October 1, 2015 1:31 AM EDT

Mine are normally abruptly ended when I get back into one of my Diablo 2 characters.

• 71 posts
    October 14, 2015 9:14 AM EDT

For my main character, Vara-Sei, he sort of receded into the wilderness to live as a hermit. think of 'Ben' Kenobi, from Star Wars. Other characters' endings have depended on their individual natures, but I find with a lot of them they either die a hero or live long enough to see themselves become the villain.

• 33 posts
    October 21, 2015 10:52 AM EDT

After I kill the Ebony warrior and do everything I can then I will end it with me sleeping as a Vampire for 5000 years.

• 41 posts
    October 22, 2015 12:08 AM EDT
    This is definitely an interesting topic. I've had a few particularly memorable endings, though none of them were actually intended to be ends. When I stop playing a character, I just leave it at the last save, because I can't think of anything that drives me to continue (such as a questline). At that point, I always headcanon an ending for them.

One of my earliest characters was an Argonian shieldmage, ex-bodyguard (technically a slave) to a now-deceased minor Telvanni. He immigrated to Skyrim and went through the College questline, along with some other adventures. After a period of scholarly adventure in Skyrim, his last save was him at his home in Vlindrel Hall with his wife Shahvee, freshly returned with a pack of Dwemer artifacts. The people of Markarth didn't really trust him much, but he mostly stayed holed up in his home and didn't do any harm. He lived there happily for the rest of his days, an enigmatic tinker peacefully pondering the mysteries of Dwemer tech.

A far darker character I played was the son of a Solitude thane (Nord), abused as a kid and later disowned for some petty crimes. Convinced of his own evilness and in denial about his situation, he looked for some way to live up to how rotten he had always been told he was. A series of events led him through the Dark Brotherhood storyline, where he found some level of acceptance by faking enjoying murder. It continued to the point he started to become numb to it, until he ended up killing the Emperor to keep his "friends" happy with him; he didn't return after doing the deed, emotionally damaged by the Emperor's last words, sickened by himself, and wishing he could go back in time. He returned to Heljarchen, where he had been building a manor in hopes of one day settling down, and that was his last save. He took his own life, alone in the half-decorated manor, overcome with guilt.

A more recent character was a Redguard psychobitch masked vigilante: she used a crossbow and the human form Mist Form glitch as a supernatural power (on the off chance, kudos to anyone who knows the character she's based on). She spent her days viciously killing vampires, and other "acceptable targets". She also enjoyed doing what she could to screw over the Daedric Princes, including: killing Sinding in his cell, infiltrating and slaying Namira's cult, getting Barbas to ditch Vile and go on adventures instead, and more. She had just attacked the Companions in the night, killing all the non-essential members, and after being chased by guards to Riverwood, saved to pick up later. I haven't yet returned, so in my mind she was captured by the guards and unmasked; Jarl Balgruf now forces her to work for him, so she is stuck paying for her crimes with Farengar always ready to electrocute her if she tries anything.

EDIT: ...Didn't intend for this to be so long...
  • October 22, 2015 12:29 AM EDT

The ending that stands out to me the most is a character having a duel to the death with Eric the Slayer because they found an Ebony Greatsword in a chest and they both used 2 handed weapons. Erik won, which worked out since I wanted to make a new character anways xD

• 393 posts
    October 22, 2015 4:59 AM EDT

I assume that my Altmer character will remain the Archmage in Winterhold for the rest of his days (which is very long since he is still young) and will secretly help the Thalmor to take over Skyrim. Or maybe he'll decide to go back to Alinor at some point))

• 39 posts
    October 23, 2015 9:22 AM EDT
    Generally, they end with me getting bored and deleting their most recent save(I force my self to use one save so that I don't go back to fix mistakes) then regretting it a few days later when I want to play that person again.
    • 50 posts
    October 23, 2015 2:46 PM EDT

On my first playthrough I ended with my character, Teekus having defeated Alduin and Mirrak get married to Shahvee then settle down in Solitude living out the rest of his days making weapons and other craft work. That's RP wise but I had to do this as I'd added so many new land mods and fiddled with configurations etc that the game developed various glitches and bugs which made it unplayable. I broke skyrim basically.

My second character I used the live another life mod and used him to do the Thieves guild questline and some new lands mods such as Falskaar. RP wise he's in limbo living in riften as a mercenary for hire. 

I did use a 3rd character for testing but I hardly play Skyrim anymore and when I do I go back to my second character. The 3rd character returned to Black Marsh.

• 275 posts
    October 23, 2015 4:36 PM EDT
    Walks-In-Darkness (a.k.a. The Ebonslayer) is a powerful dark knight yet he is not evil. When he defeats Alduin, Miraak, and Harkon he tries to settle down for a life of peace but he is still drawn to the action. He soon realizes that Alduin is not completely destroyed and sacrifices himself, preventing Alduin from returning forever.
    • 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 3:07 AM EDT

I support this mod idea. You should ask about it in the mod request group.

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 3:09 AM EDT

I don't think I've actually ended any of them. I just go back and forth doing stuff with them. In fact I never really thought about ending them, so this gives me something new to consider when I play from now on.

• 224 posts
    October 27, 2015 1:08 AM EDT

For me I end almost always a "game session", in a tavern, a town or a building or shack,resting in some place, I think I cant close the game If my character have not reach a resting point :P