Forums » Elder Scrolls

''Molag Bal and Hircine in the war for Tamriel''

• 15 posts
    March 11, 2014 2:53 PM EDT

What if the next Elder Scrolls game would be about a great war between Molag Bal and Hircine?

Hear me out:

''Many ages ago there lived a Dwemer, Azure, whose life had been tormented by Deadric appearances. He decided to create a weapon against the Deadra Lords to reduce there influence in Tamriel, and strengthen the Aedra (The 9 Divines). Most of his life was dedicated to making this weapon. When it was finished, most part of his life was gone, and he decided not to wait any longer. He used the weapon and a great flash occurred all through Tamriel. Then it happened. The people of Tamriel all felt something when this flash passed through them, but it was not a good feeling. It was the feeling of darkness. Azure's weapon did the opposite of what it was made to do. It strengthened the Daedra. The weapon had changed, it looked like a floating, red glowing orb. An orb of immense power. Azure's life work was destroyed. He created what he wanted to destroy. A weapon for the Daedra to use. He locked himself and his artifact in the deepest tomb he could find. Blocked it best he could and hoped that it would never see daylight again. And some things that should have not been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth. It faded out of all knowledge, until today.''

''By chance, a explorer delved deep into the tomb and found 'Azure's Light'. Of course, he had no idea what it was. The second Azure's Light came out of the tomb and felt sunlight again, something happend. Out of all the Deadra Lords, only two remembered this artifact. Molag Bal and Hircine. Both knew that if they had possession of this artifact they could rule Tamriel. Both Lords sent out their finest creations in search for it. Molag Bal sends his finest Vampire clan and Hircine sends out his most fearsome Werewolfs. And so, the war for Azure's Light starts all over Tamriel. Vampires and Werewolfs fighting in search for an ancient dwemer artifact that will change Tamriel forever. For the sake of everything living, it has to be destroyed.''

Now this I would want to play.

• 194 posts
    March 11, 2014 3:25 PM EDT

No need to say strengthen the nine divines. Dwemer usually don't give a shit about gods (even the Daedra).

And a strong focus on vampires might get tired after Dawnguard and everything.

• 15 posts
    March 11, 2014 7:25 PM EDT

You are right, I did this from the top of my head. But the idea was that Azure had some personal issue with the Daedra. Maybe one of the Daedra killed his family or something. And maybe one of the Divines came to him in desperation, and asked for the help from the intelligent Dwemer to help keep the Daedra at bay. Something like that.

And for the vampire thing, you might be right, but after Dawnguard I just wanted a werewolf vs vampire setting. And after reading here, I found I'm not alone. 

• 404 posts
    October 8, 2014 12:29 AM EDT
    I agree.
    if you remember from folklore and movies, that Werewolves and vampires hate each other.
    • 144 posts
    October 8, 2014 1:25 AM EDT

Wasn't the whole Dwemmer thing before Nords came and wrecked house? So It would be the 8 divines, not 9. Talos used to be Nord, right? 

I'm not big on lore, so I could be wrong.

• 144 posts
    October 8, 2014 1:29 AM EDT

"And some things that should have not been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth. It faded out of all knowledge, until today.''

''By chance, a explorer delved deep into the tomb and found 'Azure's Light'."

Channeling your Lord of the Rings, I see. :)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 8, 2014 5:42 PM EDT

Don't know what folklore you've read, then. FFS, some European stories paint them as the same thing.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 8, 2014 5:48 PM EDT

You're right for the wrong reasons.

The Nords "wrecked house" in the early First Era, until the battle at Red Mountain where the Chimer and Dwemer joined forces against the Nords and the Nords were slaughtered (the event is what triggered Jurgen Windcaller to form the Way of the Voice).

Dwemer never worshipped the Divines and refused to. Chimer rejected them. Nords worshipped their own gods (Shor , Kyne, Tsun, definately not the Imperial Divines).