Forums » Elder Scrolls

So I was replaying Oblivion

• 14 posts
    March 7, 2014 4:01 PM EST

I dont know if anybody still plays this game but i was going back to THE ELDER SCROLLS origins. if . anybody remembers my first post they know about me likeing wizards. so i was becoming a mage and a assassin brenton when i first got out of the prison i murdered  some one went to sleep and got contacted by the dark brootherhood completed the questline in like 30 minutes but i just felt so good murdering the innocent and it felt good murdering people in general so can anybody tell me if this is wrong 

• 194 posts
    March 7, 2014 4:46 PM EST

Let's work on sentence structuring before we talk about Oblivion.

• 14 posts
    March 7, 2014 9:04 PM EST

just answer the question 

• 622 posts
    March 7, 2014 9:07 PM EST
    Wouldn't TES origins be Arena, not Oblivion? :P
  • March 7, 2014 9:09 PM EST

"i just felt so good murdering the innocent and it felt good murdering people in general so can anybody tell me if this is wrong"

You need to go to Church...Maybe talk to the Preacher...Maybe have an exorcism.   

• 104 posts
    March 7, 2014 11:31 PM EST
    Good. Good! Let the anger consume you. Use your hate to fuel the fires of rage. Let the dark side flow through you!

Soon, you will be mine, Jedi...
    • 194 posts
    March 7, 2014 11:34 PM EST

Don't go to church. They teach you that you can kill and rape and be absolved and go to heaven. You need to remain in school. It will allow you to get a job and teach you what to do and what not to do with your life. :)

• 194 posts
    March 7, 2014 11:35 PM EST

Yeah. These are his origins... With the Elder Scrolls.

• 194 posts
    March 7, 2014 11:38 PM EST

I'm having to decipher the question that is feeling good murdering in a video game wrong? The answer is no. A) They are digital as is your character and therefore you have not taken life. B) in the game, killing is a game mechanic that brings success. So it is an objective in the game.

Also, it's artistic expression. Just talk to Jenassa. She'll tell you what I mean. But seriously the game is about living a story, akin to reading a book. Play a hero. Play a villain. Play a bum who eat cheese wheels and starts brawls in town.

• 8 posts
    March 8, 2014 12:25 AM EST
    Aside from the odvious grammar and punctuation problems, no! We've all enjoyed the feeling of murdering the innocent in these types of video games one way or another! Your perfectly normal!

All joking aside, if you acually are enjoying this, you should get some help.

Oh, and stay in school!!!
  • April 8, 2016 11:41 AM EDT

a bit of no and yeah as murdering in video games is a way to vent fustration, whilst some say it induces the urge to want to kill. I beleive that this is a little conflict of counsious, if you enjoy killing in games then I can reccomend a few, but if this is a worry for you then I would recommend to see a counsler about theses thoughts