Forums » The Lounge

Hobbies

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:05 AM EST

What are some of your hobbies? I like to smith, fish, and shoot (guns and bows).

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:20 AM EST
    No wonder hope in this world died... Ben Christ truly has forsaken us to watch a silly basketball game.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:53 AM EST

Mostly read. Books or internet.

• 194 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:56 AM EST

Especially when you all could have watched the Kings beat the Jets 3-1...

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 7, 2014 4:09 AM EST

Sounds like rubbish..

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    March 7, 2014 9:55 PM EST

I also play badass argonian builds on skyrim, or tweak builds of another race.

• 104 posts
    March 7, 2014 10:58 PM EST
    I'm a Bobcats fan. We movin' on up. Finally will get the Hornets re-brand next year.
    • 104 posts
    March 7, 2014 11:07 PM EST
    Where to start?

Music: I'm a college radio DJ and play multiple instruments. Love concerts and write my own music.
    Literature: reading and writing fiction. Sci-fi and fantasy are the faves. PK Dick, Forgotten Realms, Dragon Lance, Pirates, history, GoT and historical fiction.
    Movies: I watch a lot of them. Do some amateur acting every now and then.
    Learning: I like learning new things.
    Driving: Tractors, ATVs and most importantly... Fast!
    Sports: Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Bobcats enthusiast.
    Vidiogames: Currently Diablo 3 on Xbox 360. (CR Stokes is my gamer tag)
    Alcohol: need I say more?
    Fire: 'Nuff said.
    • 249 posts
    March 8, 2014 12:20 AM EST
    You sound a lot like me Stokes. Have you read anything from Dalglish yet? It's similar to Salvatore but darker. I like it!
    • 104 posts
    March 8, 2014 12:26 AM EST
    Nope. Give me some more info. Been looking for some more mature fantasy.

I read The Child Thief by Brom... A darker take on Peter Pan and enjoyed that.

Also read some Dark Tower but it doesn't hold my interest...
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    March 8, 2014 2:24 AM EST

Reading, writing, movies, television and gaming mostly. I'm a homebody and a bit of an introvert, so I don't lead a very exciting life.

• March 8, 2014 6:16 AM EST

I play football myself (real football, not the american handegg) and support the Tottenham Hotspurs from England. Other than that, I like to play videogames, chess and the Game of Thrones card game. I also like to wander the woods near my home at night.

• 249 posts
    March 8, 2014 8:36 AM EST
    It's fictional fantasy. There are a couple different offshoots of the original series but the first was about two Half-Orc brothers living in a town that hates elves and orcs. One learns to fight and the other practices Necromancy. Don't wanna give too much away but the first book is free on Nooks and Kindles if you've got one.

I found the series because I've always wanted to read about a Necromancer protagonist and I wasn't let down. Check it out man.