Forums » The Lounge

The Injury Discussion

• 557 posts
    March 5, 2014 7:09 AM EST

This morning I woke up to a mouth filled with blood. Apparently I had bit off a portion of my gums (a small bit that was covering one of my wisdom teeth) in my sleep. It made me wonder if any of you have had strange injuries such as this!

So, let's here it! Have any of you had strange injuries? If so, how did they happen (or aren't you sure)?

Warning: If you are going to upload an image of your injury (or a relevant image), then I ask that you only post a link to it rather than the image (this was I won't be accountable for those who click on them!).

• 106 posts
    March 5, 2014 10:58 AM EST
    Sometimes my night guard has teeny amounts of blood in it? Gross I know, but does anyone know why that would be? Maybe I should go to web MD... Lol
    • 8 posts
    March 5, 2014 1:09 PM EST
    One day a few years ago, I woke up in the hospital. Apparently I was hit in the head with a shovel when I wandered into my neighbor's backyard. Nothing serious, I assure you!
    • 163 posts
    March 5, 2014 1:19 PM EST

When I was younger (like 7 years old)  I wandered under a see-saw looking for something, see-saws are metal hear and the seats are kinda [_ shaped but upside down. As luck would have it as I was under it someone stood up, another person was on top of the side I was under.... I remember stitches and blood.

Two weeks after I had healed up nicely, I was in school rushing to class, it started to rain and I foolishly thought I could dash through, I slipped and fell and my front teeth (the first two went through my lower lip (it has always been a bit big) I chipped my two front teeth in a upside, and rended a hole through aforementioned lower lip. I still have the scar. (But I like scars so that's fine)

• 47 posts
    March 5, 2014 1:59 PM EST

Not really a weird injury but when i was like 5 i was riding my metal scooter next to a field, i was distracted by some rabbits in the field and fell off my scooter. My scooter had no grips on the handlebar and was just the exposed metal and thats where my mouth hit, it split my lip and i ended up in hospital. Anyway ten years later I've got an exact copy of Ezio's/ Desmonds/ Altairs scar from assassins creed, 

• March 5, 2014 2:05 PM EST

Aliens.

• 87 posts
    March 5, 2014 2:23 PM EST
    When I was five, I wandered into the western part of my family's farm. There was a single cow, it scared me and I scared it. There was a barbed wire fence at my back. It got me from the right side of my forehead to the upper eyelid of my left eye. Ma and dad just let it heal naturally. An extremely faint scar is there now.
    I was riding my bike down the eastern hill of the house and, I was five still, and the brakes didn't brake. It a electrical fence that time with my neck. Did a back flip too. It wasn't barbed, so I'm happy for that.
    • 271 posts
    March 5, 2014 2:42 PM EST
    I've had a problem with both my Achilles tendon (?) The most scary pain ive ever had. Just running, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, I feel a pulling pain in the back area of the foot...

I shiver while thinking about it...
    • 87 posts
    March 5, 2014 2:43 PM EST
    Mine just twitched...
    • 271 posts
    March 5, 2014 2:46 PM EST
    I think twitched is a better word, yes. I found out later that it wasn't the "official" Achilles Tendon, but in that area or some shit like that...

All I remember is the pain really...
    • 47 posts
    March 5, 2014 3:06 PM EST

Lucky it wasn't barbed the second time, you might not be here now

• 700 posts
    March 5, 2014 4:09 PM EST

About six months ago, I injured the Sciatic nerve in my left leg while rock climbing.  I could barely walk until late December; I had to get around with a cane.  Then in early January, I injured the Sciatic nerve in my right leg, and re-injured the nerve in my left leg while lifting a crate that was far too heavy for me.  I found it funny that I could injure both of those nerves that close together and that severely.  I still find it funny.  I can walk well most of the time now, but I'm unable to run, jump, climb, or sit for long periods of time.  

• March 5, 2014 4:54 PM EST

I took a clapper to the face during a game of pond hockey.

• 87 posts
    March 5, 2014 5:05 PM EST

Well, now you have a fun story to tell at dinner parties. "Anything happen to you?"
    "Well, I did get smacked with a shovel one time."

joking aside, at least it wasn't serious.

• 127 posts
    March 5, 2014 7:28 PM EST

I broke some of my fingers 7 times total.
    -
    One time I was fighting a fucktard from the school and I did an unarmed 'power attack' against him which he dodged. The thing is that I punched a weird shaped iron fence with extreme force.
    This image resembles what it looked like, but my injury was %60 larger.

• 1913 posts
    March 5, 2014 7:33 PM EST
    I don't remember anything before the day I got my first concussion... I was about 6 and tried to jump into bed... Little did I know, I jumped so high that the top bunk bed was within my forehead's reach... I don't remember anything before that and only bits and pieces directly after... I remember being in the hospital watching land before time in a patient gown with stitches and I felt as if none of my limbs had feeling... Painkillers are wonderful :P
    • 1913 posts
    March 5, 2014 7:37 PM EST
    I broke my metatarsals by stepping on a toy... I couldn't walk for 7-8 weeks :P

And I almost choked on a penny when I was 4... No idea how the penny ended up in my mouth...

And I almost drowned by my babysitter... She jumped into the water when I dived and her foot landed on the back of my head... I faded out of consciousness and started breathing underwater... She immediately pulled me out of the water and resuscitated me though :) thus began my mistrust of all blondes...
    • 87 posts
    March 5, 2014 8:30 PM EST

That's what my sisters, brother, and parents said. Thanks for the concern

• Dyg
    • 16 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:00 AM EST

I cut off a portion of skin while cutting a block of chease. HAHA

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:38 AM EST
    I dont know Emer, Im lookin at my toe and there is a mysterious lacration on it. I dont know where it came from, and I woke up to it this afternoon. It stings a bit too. Are your reptilian counter parts experimenting on me!?! I thought I told you to stop them mang! What gives yo?!?
    • 661 posts
    March 7, 2014 12:39 AM EST
    Before you were 4 Bryn? I dont like the consistency of your bullshit friend.
  • March 7, 2014 7:57 AM EST
    I've lived on the safe side. Though I do have a pretty cool, albeit rather small, scar on my chest from a pipe than I almost got pushed onto.

I broke my wrist doing hurdles and didn't get it checked for two weeks. Wasn't even aware it was broken until the nurse took a look at it.

And finally I have scar on the side of my head from a rock coming into contact with my head. You wouldn't notice it normally, but hair no longer grows in that area (it's a small scar as well).
    • 661 posts
    March 7, 2014 8:02 AM EST
    You failed Shuu, you failed me man. And most of all you failed the Blog. How could you?
    • 661 posts
    March 7, 2014 8:04 AM EST
    How did I spell laceration wrong?
    • 661 posts
    March 7, 2014 8:05 AM EST
    I once ate a soft ball between the eyes.