Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your Skyrim compulsion?

• 8 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:30 PM EST

This is my first discussion, so I just wanted to get to know anyone who would take some time to answer this question

What can you not play Skyrim without? Things like races, skills, weapons, armor, or even mods! Mine is that I love Argonians and the Smithing skill. I get bored very easily when I play a build that isn't an Argonian with a few exceptions and I can't play the game without the strongest possible equipment with, again, few exeptions.

Chao~

• 585 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:34 PM EST
    Archery and stealth, even when I'm trying to play a two handed warrior I end up trying to sneak up and sniping enemies.
    • 194 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:40 PM EST

Surely 99% of us are guilty of this... And have to go through conscious efforts to not do this: hoarding. Stuffing our backpacks to the brim and then trying to find the least valuable/useful items to drop to pick up... MORE SHIT. Gotta love it. Soul gems, ingredients, ores/ingots, enchanted gear, precious gems, scrolls, fuckin books, weapons and armor we don't need... Why not?

• 185 posts
    March 2, 2014 3:50 PM EST
    Apocrypha was an nightmare for my scholar/mage...
    Should I get rid of my books? No, let me throw those enchanted armors and weapons, then my dragons bones and scales on that dangerous looking water... But not my books!
    • 1483 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:18 PM EST

unique items and artifacts. I always collect them, even if they gather dust in some chest. Also Dragon Bones and Scales. Even on non-crafting character I always keep them in my house

• March 2, 2014 4:32 PM EST

I can't play Skyrim with an Argonian. Skyrim belongs to the Nords! 

• 1483 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:34 PM EST

Shot, how are your two statements connected? It's like saying that Skyrim belongs to the Dragonborn. Unless you want to say that no race other than Nords is allowed there

• 622 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:40 PM EST

I honestly don't have any. I play Argonains lots but I have just as many non-Argonian characters.

• March 2, 2014 4:56 PM EST

Being the Dragonborn as anything other than Nord doesn't make sense. Imperial and Breton maybe, but that's pushing it. 

Skyrim does belong to the Dragonborn. Where have you been? 

• 1483 posts
    March 2, 2014 5:00 PM EST

Being dragonborn is a blessing bestowed by Akatosh - can be applied to any race. Skyrim belongs to it's people and not any person

• 61 posts
    March 2, 2014 5:51 PM EST

Followers. I can't play without at least Faendal, if not a stronger companion. I just wouldn't feel safe doing the things I do in game without having them with me. There's still a part of me trying to impress Serana, so I do all sorts of courageous stuff when I have her following me. Now that I've written it down, that doesn't seem healthy...

• 773 posts
    March 2, 2014 5:59 PM EST

Collecting books

• 163 posts
    March 2, 2014 6:32 PM EST
    Mods that let you totally customise how you look.
    I cannot stand looking like some off the shelf clone, also crossbow's, they might be slow but they back a punch. And last but not least Spider Scroll's.
  • March 2, 2014 6:47 PM EST

1) Historically, you're wrong.

2) As savior of the world, it all belongs to the Dragonborn.  

• 229 posts
    March 2, 2014 6:51 PM EST

Me? I hoard gold (money not bars) like a dragon, never use potions, almost never use good gear, buy all the houses+spells(even if I use neither of them), As of late, I never make Dragon or Daedric gear and sell all the Daedric gear and Daedric Artifacts I find to the Dremora merchant.

• 1483 posts
    March 2, 2014 7:21 PM EST
    1) Just because all the dragonborns were Nords (which may or may not be true) doesn't mean that any dragonborn is a Nord. Just because all the swans you saw were black doesn't mean all the swans are black.

2) So if you save something it belongs to you? Dragonborn is a great hero and is revered in the land, but Skyrim is something bigger than any person, even it's saviour.
    • 32 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:02 PM EST

All Dovahkiin were not Nord. In fact the earliest ones were Nede (proto-men). Miraak is depicted as Nord, though Nords did not exist until like late late in the Merethic Era. Alessia, the Nede that Akatosh made the "dragonborn" pact with was born in Cyrodiil, and thus could be considered an Imperial of sorts. Therefore, historically, you're wrong.

• 700 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST

I can't play without picking up and subsequently selling everything with a weight to value ratio of at least 1 to 10.  I like having gold, even if carrying 10,000 coins and 30 pairs of hide boots at once is immersion breaking.  I also pick up spigots.  

• 32 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:13 PM EST

I don't think I could continue to play Skyrim without the overall customization package the game provides. Over time, I've added some mods to increase this a certain degree, but even so I fell in love with the game on the 360 (I borrowed it from a friend) and proceded to buy the Legendary version on Steam.

On a more intricate level, I love heavy armor a bit too much, perhaps. All of my characters use it, whether they follow the path of the Warrior, the Mage, or the Thief, they all end up using it to some degree. I love beef up all my warriors in the best possible armor, my mages (Shameless plug!  ) mix robes and occasionally hoods with heavy armor pieces, and my thieves ultimately fall in love with the Ebony Mail. I can't avoid it, aside from a few exceptions like the Ancient Falmer set which is just far too gorgeous to not use on occasion.

• 229 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:21 PM EST

Carmine, I carry around a million gold in Skyrim on the 360, all gained normally. 10,000 gold is normal in game.

• 229 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:23 PM EST

Actually, it makes sense for any race, It's a blessing from Akatosh, and Argonians are closer to dragons than any other race in Tamriel.

• 32 posts

Yeah I never get to a million lol. I sell everything, but I get bored of characters pretty quickly. I normally stop playing around level 20-25 and start something fresh.

• 229 posts

1. No, Vazgen is correct

2. Not how saving the world works

• 229 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:25 PM EST

My main character is level 127 and has come across over five million gold in his playthrough...

• 700 posts
    March 2, 2014 10:26 PM EST

Huh.  I've never had more than 30,000 gold at a time.  I doubt I'll ever even get the achievement for having 100,000 gold.  I sell and then I buy.  I don't hang onto my gold for long.