Forums » Elder Scrolls

Inconsistent Undergarments

• 194 posts
    February 28, 2014 10:00 PM EST

Here's one nobody will care about... But it irks me when my character stores all his gear and his "naked". I hate the loincloth. It is so primitive looking and inconsistent with the female underwear which is almost modern day undergarments.

I think Bethesda should switch to the braies as it's more accurate to the middle ages theme and with the women's undergarments. The chap on the right is wearing only his braies, although they're not always that long. They are almost exactly like boxer shorts.

The other option is to take women's undergarments back in time to match the men's loincloth, which would be a loincloth and a simple strap of cloth across their breasts. Which would also look primitive and stupid. 

tl;dr loincloths are stupid, and nobody in a civilization as sophisticated as Tamriel would find them preferable/comfortable

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 28, 2014 10:04 PM EST

Hear, hear!

Let them be naked.

• 194 posts
    February 28, 2014 10:11 PM EST

This makes me think... Are there any nudity mods that don't involve 9-inch penises, DD breasts, and 24" barbie waists? Additional points if the mod includes a feature where you get arrested for public indecency.

• 48 posts
    February 28, 2014 10:45 PM EST

Except Skyrim is not medieval it is mostly Roman style and Viking.

• February 28, 2014 11:40 PM EST

that'd be awesome, but i'm too scared to check every nude mod on the nexus

• 28 posts
    March 1, 2014 6:38 AM EST

I always find it odd that video games are allowed to show graphic acts of violence (decapitations, impalement's etc), are allowed to have extremely strong language (not so much in Skyrim's case), yet anything to do with nudity or sexual in any way is banned like its the work of Satan. 

Lets face it, its more natural to see a person's "parts" than to see their head being severed by a serrated blade. Or am I just odd? 

• 41 posts
    March 1, 2014 7:42 AM EST

I also think it is strange, you breast feed as a child and it doesn't harm you but if you were to see decapitating heads and other violent acts at that age it may have some affect.

• 194 posts
    March 1, 2014 3:03 PM EST

There are certainly roman and viking influences, but what I am talking about is technology present. Namely the architectural abilities and the scholarly abilities. It is most certainly a more than primitive setting, though it is a sort of all encompassing work of fiction/fantasy. You have bandits wearing the skins of animals right next to bandits wearing extremely expensive steel plate armor. It's definitely not a pinpoint time in history. I just hate loincloths.

• 167 posts
    March 1, 2014 3:06 PM EST

Nords are more a representation of all Germanic cultures than only Vikings..