Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bethseda/Skyrim what the hell.

• 163 posts
    February 24, 2014 11:47 AM EST

One of Bethseda's biggest mess-ups in my opinion is the Ebony Warrior.
    When I first reached level 80 and met this lone wolf I was intrigued by him, upon learning his story two major changes occurred in my.
    1. I was sad I was going to have to kill him.
    2. I was insanely pissed of that there had been no sigh of him all this time.
    I mean one of his lines is ''no more monsters to kill''...What the hell man!
    Where in Sheogarath's gnarled nose where you when I a wet behind the ears adventurer was killing dragons?. Where were you when Alduin was wreaking the unholy shit out of all of Tamriel.
    Then you have the guts to tell me that there was a fricking ebony tank just chilling all this time? Waiting for me to be strong enough to kill him?

No Bethseda, just no.

• 61 posts
    February 24, 2014 11:55 AM EST

I felt bad for the guy as well, it was the fact that he didn't really understand your power or care if he was going to die. He was like a powered-up version of the Old Orc dude. About your second point, he could have been in Black Marsh or Cyrodiil or anywhere else, and then came back and you'd wrecked all of the major problems. In the end he was selfish, because he wanted a good challenge to send him to Sovngarde rather than help the everyday people. Shame on you, Ebony Warrior.

• 163 posts
    February 24, 2014 11:58 AM EST

Indeed shame, we could have made it rain blood together( evil blood). That why I soul trapped him before I killed him.(No Sovngarde for you!)

• 11 posts
    February 24, 2014 12:10 PM EST

I would preferred if he appeared though out the game as short of a rival to your character, maybe make him Dragonborn as well. So when the you two finally have to fight you would at least know something about the character.

my question is why would he be allowed in Sovngarde if he isn't a Nord?

• 163 posts
    February 24, 2014 12:14 PM EST

Yea like Vigilant Tolan from the better vampires mod, that way it actually portrays him as the ultimate warrior and not just some smuck in mail.

• 163 posts
    February 24, 2014 12:16 PM EST

And idk but when he's dieing he says ''I go to Sovngarde....'' Maybe he was supposed to be a Nord? Or maybe he was promised a place through some mystical stuff like you.

• 163 posts
    February 24, 2014 12:52 PM EST

I guess that is feasible. 

• 163 posts
    February 24, 2014 2:19 PM EST

But You(Dragonborn) are promised a place the regardless of race.

• 163 posts
    February 25, 2014 4:14 AM EST

Thats deep man. Thats ''little timmy fell down a well'' deep.

• February 25, 2014 9:49 AM EST

I'm pretty sure you meet the Archmage, Savos Aren, in Sovngarde, but I don't want to claim accurate knowledge.

• 11 posts
    February 25, 2014 10:47 AM EST

No he isn't there. The only people who die and you meet in Sovngarde is the Companion Leader, Ulfric Stormcloak , andLegate Rikke. It's clearly an afterlife for just Nords. 

I think Bethseda just assumed we would all pick nords or something.

• 163 posts
    February 26, 2014 3:04 AM EST

Well I a Bosmurd was promised a place there. Must be cus I'am Dragonborn.