Forums » The Lounge

Knight vs Samurai

• 966 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:51 PM EST

Almost all Eastern Asian armies were almost purely without any form of heavier armours.

• 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:52 PM EST
    Im putting my money on the Samurai. I hope they do an unarmored fight. That would be awesmoe, and in that instance I'd definitely say the Knight would win because of his acrobatics.
    • 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:53 PM EST
    Like I said, you cant have an army of armor-less people. :p
    • 75 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:54 PM EST

Yes, if they're peasants.

• 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:57 PM EST
    Thats what throws me off as well.
    • 966 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:58 PM EST

You can. And people did in Asia, the only reason the Katana was really that useful there.

• 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:06 PM EST
    I missed that part about the leg things. May have to research that again. Rune have you forgotten about "Mace Etiquette"? When the Samurai lands his attack with the Kanabo he can go straight back in for another attack with a bit more speed. If willing enough he may just go all out with "Mace Etiquette". It'd be different for the Knight because if he lands his strike it has the chance of throwing the Samurai off balance. But his foot-work would come into play at this point, hopefully, and charge up for another strike with his Kanabo.
    • 74 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:07 PM EST
    Rule Number One: "No touching of the Hair or Face"
    • 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:10 PM EST
    How am I forgetting that? I've pointed that out already. His guantlet would crush any man's face.
    • 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:11 PM EST
    I wanted the Viking to win that fight. I was a bit let down, because I thought savegery would be able to out due discipline.
    • 180 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:29 PM EST

From what I understand about Knights armor and swords compared to the Katana, I would say Knights have the advantage. The Katana is designed as a cutting weapon which wouldn't be optimal against plate and also lacks the same reach as a longsword, which can thrust and cut effectively. The bow would be next to useless with a knights armor as well as the shield to cover up vulnerable joints.

• 74 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:32 PM EST
    I did throw in a Kanabo for the Samurai and that does make a difference, but I still think the knight wins 7/10 times.
    • 856 posts
    February 18, 2014 9:45 PM EST

if he gets a solid hit with the kanabo, the fight is essentially over, yes.