Forums » Elder Scrolls

An Alchemists Guide: Potions

• 2 posts
    February 17, 2014 9:01 PM EST
    So I have begun a new save as my hunter/alchemist and have discovered the difficulty in potion making. Hunting and selling my goods is easy, but the potion making is where the money is at. I am not the only one who thinks this, so please if all alchemists etc. need to hear recipes or if you wish to talk of your favorite potions.
    • 661 posts
    February 17, 2014 9:17 PM EST
    Shit, I have a list somewhere with my fav recipes. I'll get back to this when I find them.
    • 37 posts
    February 17, 2014 9:34 PM EST
    • 37 posts
    February 17, 2014 9:59 PM EST

note that the ingredients i've listed are those more commonly found in Skyrim rather than the exotic ones like human flesh or daedra hearts.

• 37 posts
    February 18, 2014 3:27 AM EST

"Battlemage's Brew": Regenerate Health and Regenerate Magicka. Ingredients - Juniper Berries, Garlic and salt pile. Namira's rot would work in a pinch if you don't have juniper.

"Crafter's Elixir": Fortify Enchanting and Smithing. Ingredients - Blisterwort, snowberries and spriggan sap (usually available in alchemy shops and is much easier to get.).

• 162 posts
    February 18, 2014 4:25 AM EST

When you're a PC player, maybe the Alchemist Compendium mod is something for you.

• 268 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:06 AM EST
    You don't make potions for the money! You make them because of their wonderful effects! If you're just doing it for the money you won't be making the best potions, or finding the best combinations. Expensive potions are just a couple of random effects that happen to sell for loads.

I have a load of favourites, most memorised, but here are a few of my favourite poisons:

Ravage Health+Ravage Stamina+Ravage Magicka
    Scathcraw+Skeever Tail+Spawn Ash

Damage Health+Lingering Damage Health+Paralysis
    Human Flesh+Imp Stool+Scathcraw

Weakness to Fire+Weakness to Frost+Weakness to Poison
    Abacean Longfin+Bleeding Crown+Ice Wraith Teeth

I mainly use single effect potions, since they can be made in bulk and you usually don't need more than one effect unless it's a special occasion. One of my exceptions is the potion that fortifies and restores health (Blue Mountain Flower+Wheat).

What are your favourites Garon'Ji La?
    • 661 posts
    February 18, 2014 8:22 AM EST
    Here is one I remember

The Heart of Men
    Human Heart, Human Flesh, Briar-Heart.
    I dont remember what effects this has.
    • 194 posts
    February 18, 2014 11:53 AM EST

Yet another topic instantly solved by the UESPwiki... Gotta use that stuff guysss...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Useful_Potions

• 856 posts
    February 18, 2014 11:56 AM EST

I prefer this site most of the time, especially for the lore material, our lore information is vastly superior.

• 194 posts
    February 18, 2014 1:53 PM EST

Absolutely. The only thing the new wiki does better it organize items because they use a very simple method. UESP has split their armors and weapons into half a dozen categories. The new wiki just has armor and weapons... Easy. No brainer.

• 95 posts
    February 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST

Here are some. It helped me a lot.

• February 19, 2014 11:41 AM EST

What new wiki?

• 194 posts