Forums » Elder Scrolls

Coolest weapon in skyrim

• 8 posts
    February 17, 2014 12:16 AM EST
    Tell me what are some of the coolest looking weapon in skyrim
    • 661 posts
    February 17, 2014 12:22 AM EST
    I love all the weapons in skyrim except steel, orcish, and some daedric.

However I think that the ebony sword is the coolest looking weapon in the game. Right before the Blades Sword.
    • 37 posts
    February 17, 2014 12:30 AM EST

Glass weapons hands down.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2014 12:44 AM EST
    Yes the swords are stunning.
    • 162 posts
    February 17, 2014 3:16 AM EST

Beside my alltime favorite the Skyforge Steel Greatsword, I go for the Ebony Blade which my char use with several of her outfits. She was able to change it a bit against those cannibals during "The Taste of Death"

• 95 posts
    February 19, 2014 12:47 PM EST

Excluding self-enchated ones, my favorites are:

-Chillrend. 25% chance to paralyse + cold damage. The highes level version has the same base damage as Dragonbone sword, and it also benefits from perk (Glass). And it look very cool.

-Skyforge weapons, as you need only the Steel perk to improve them, however they are as strong as elven weapons, they are even lighter. They look great too.

-Blade of Woe. Highest base damage dagger, requires only Steel perk to improve and it look cool.

-Staff of Chain Lightning. It has a stagger effect as destruction spells have when dual cast.

-Wabbajack. It is sooo funny. Not to mention Henson's new research which says that it is not influenced by game difficuly.

• 8 posts
    February 19, 2014 12:52 PM EST

First time I saw this sword my jaw dropped. I don't know why but i think it looks stunning. A Nordic Sword. That sword will be based on my next-next build.

Nightingale Sword would be a close second.

• 739 posts
    February 19, 2014 12:53 PM EST

The Silver Greatsword!

Such a beautiful weapon, looks very knightly and it enjoys being enchanted with OP magic!

You just feel right when you pull it out...

• 1913 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:05 PM EST
    Obviously the coolest weapon is anything made out of stahlrim... It is ice, you don't get colder than that...
    • 1913 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:09 PM EST
    What? I was answering the question...you know that brings up a good question... How does one wield a stahlrim weapon? It is made out of enchanted ice that is one of the coldest things on Nirn apparently... Wouldn't you get freezer burn simply by holding it?
    • 360 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:12 PM EST

Rob, he was joking...

• 1913 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
    Childrend isn't made of literal enchanted ancient ice... It is just really cold glass...
    • 622 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:17 PM EST
    Rob, Bryn is just sharing his opinion. Don't get all huffy cause his is different to yours.
    • 1913 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:25 PM EST
    No, of course not, I'm never serious :) :P
    • 2 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:32 PM EST

The Nightingale Blade is my personal favourite. I love how it's so sleek and elegant, and the enchantment just means you can keep on sweeping and slicing. Auri-El's bow is my favourite bow as far as design goes.

Other weapons I like are the Dwarven Dagger, it's nice and big and angular. Elven swords, daggers and bows, Nordic Swords, Blades Swords, Dragonbone Daggers and probably Glass weapons too.

• 1217 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:34 PM EST

Dawnbreaker, especially that one time I had a pair of them. No draugr-filled dungeon stood a chance. Such a beautiful sword.

• 30 posts
    February 19, 2014 2:00 PM EST

Dawnbreaker for aesthetics + Skyforge steel sword for utility.

I'm biased. I just played the paladin. :)

• 1217 posts
    February 19, 2014 2:14 PM EST

Ah, never was a cause better served by Dawnbreaker. Skyforge steel is pretty knightly, too. I didn't know it was Elven class until reading it somewhere on this site.

• 194 posts
    February 19, 2014 2:26 PM EST

I like the realistic look of the silver weapons. And mostly all of the realistic looking styles like iron and steel. Although I never use it, I love the eagle head of the Elven warhammer. The glass waraxe has a cool symmetrical look. I like the brown colored bows: long, hunting, and imperial.

Mehrune's Razor is the best dagger all around. Volendrung is amazing for a fantastical, Thor-like character. Seriously, "The Rock" couldn't swing something that size like that. Sanguine Rose is a beautiful staff to wield. Right next to the Staff of Magnus in terms of looks. I don't much like the awkward lines of the Daedric and Nordic weapons. Stalhrim is pretty comical and fantastical. Scimitars are amazing. As well as the "Blades Swords"... AKA katanas.

• 89 posts
    February 19, 2014 9:20 PM EST

You don't like steel? They're my second favorite set in the game (after Ebony) They just fit the aesthetic of the whole game.

• 185 posts
    February 19, 2014 9:21 PM EST
    Ebony Blade
    • 95 posts
    February 19, 2014 11:59 PM EST

Ohh my previous answer was not relevant, I saw "coolest weapons" not "coolest LOOKING".

The coolest looking is Chillrend, Daedric bow and Dragonbone Battle axe in my opinion.

• 27 posts
    February 21, 2014 4:51 AM EST

Daedric Warhammer, that one is awesome