Forums » Elder Scrolls

Tyranny of the sun: (dawnguard spoilers)

• 32 posts
    February 13, 2014 10:37 AM EST
    Ok. I did beat the vampire storyline. Is anyone actually pleased with that side of the storyline?

What effects does the lack of sun actually have now that I've shot the sun with the bloodcursed arrow.

Sure some people have commented but people seem to go about their business as far as I can tell.

Is their anything that makes this cool or permanent?
    • 1913 posts
    February 13, 2014 10:56 AM EST
    The sun basically becomes darker and makes the sun weaknesses you would have null and void... Meaning, you have night in a quiver.

The way Harkon talks about it though, I assumed he was going to make it like pitch black... Who would that help? Everyone would die, leaving you with no food and no way to look at anything...
    • 194 posts
    February 13, 2014 12:15 PM EST

Yeah maybe using it with a lot more blood or during a sacrificial ritual or something it becomes a permanent effect or much darker or both.

Or it is all a load of shit anyway because Vyrthur just created the prophecy and there's no way of knowing its effectiveness. The prophecy technically wasn't fulfilled... But it still works. Because blood is used, but she didn't die. Very vague.

• 32 posts
    February 13, 2014 4:17 PM EST
    I don't think Harkon cared about what kind of night it brought. I think he just wanted to relive the conquest.

After all didn't he have armies at his disposal in the first era when he was mortal?