Forums » Elder Scrolls

NPCs You Wish Were Followers

• 338 posts
    February 10, 2014 11:48 AM EST

The most annoying thing to me about TES games is that my favorite NPCs are never able to be followers.

I would love to have Neloth as a follower, for example, or the Jarl's brother Hrongar. 

So, who would you like to have as a follower, and why?

• 1 posts
    February 10, 2014 11:52 AM EST

Brynjolf Brynjolf Brynjolf!!

Love the character, plus his voice. Would be an amazing experiance

• 88 posts
    February 10, 2014 12:07 PM EST
    Better vampires by Brehanin 5_4 let's you transform anyone into vampires and have them as followers, so yeah.
    • 338 posts
    February 10, 2014 12:28 PM EST

I was hoping that people would talk more about who should have been a vanilla follower, not the power of mods.

• 194 posts
    February 10, 2014 12:40 PM EST

Yeah. If you like Hrongar you could try the nord housecarls or hirelings that are similar to him, but they won't ask you to unsheathe them unfortunately. Neloth is simply too bad ass to be a "follower" of anyone.

NPCs I wish could be followers? Anyone from the Thieves Guild. I mean, not even ONE in game. Surely the new recruits would want to follow me or the other lesser members or even Karliah herself. Are there any altmer followers? I can't think of any right now. Should be at least one mage willing to follow me, maybe at the college. I don't have many complaints, however, the game has ~50 followers it's unheard of.

• 661 posts
    February 10, 2014 1:16 PM EST

Dude, I thought speechcraft was going to allow you to recruit anyone. Sadly though it isn't like that.

• 661 posts
    February 10, 2014 1:18 PM EST

Actually I don't wish this at all (aside from what I said earlier) because I already have the follower I want.

Erik the Slayer!

• 338 posts
    February 10, 2014 1:21 PM EST

I just want Neloth, not as a "follower" but as a scholarly companion. 

Sadly, there is no mod for this other than ones that make everyone a follower, and I hate those.

• 338 posts
    February 10, 2014 1:21 PM EST

It might be because he has a custom voice, with no follower dialogue. Actually, that's certainly the reason.

• 661 posts
    February 10, 2014 1:24 PM EST

Neloth would be awesome to have as a follower. But at least with Erik around I can pretend that I am the talking when he fights.

Plus he isn't that bad at fighting. I seen him slay a few dragons.

• 490 posts
    February 10, 2014 2:02 PM EST

Borkul the Beast. He just seems like a nice guy...

• 194 posts
    February 10, 2014 2:47 PM EST

Any decent modder could extrapolate lines from his mountain of dialogue to create a really good follower mod. I'd love to hear "Here, I brought this for you" every time I asked to trade items with him.

Or him telling you "I have gone to some pains to ensure that I am immune to many forms of control" whenever you ask him to do something. (Sarcastic/Ironic)

And when asked to follow "I don't have time to go traipsing all over Solstheim"... Once again, sarcastic and ironic.

• 338 posts
    February 10, 2014 2:51 PM EST

Sadly I am not a modder in the slightest sense of the word.

• 41 posts
    February 10, 2014 4:31 PM EST
    I wish there was like thieves guild initiates like there is got the dark brother hood....speaking of dark brotherhood that girl vampire would be cool follower to
    • 622 posts
    February 10, 2014 4:53 PM EST

Guild initiates that weren't boring. Eg, beast race Thieves Guild, maybe an Orc and Wood Elf College of Winterhold students, er.... Beast race Companion! :P

• 95 posts
    February 12, 2014 8:49 AM EST

Several college members. Toldfir, Faralda, the enchanting trainer guy for example. They are all master trainers, so it would be great to have them as followers for the free 5 training per level :D At least after finishing the questline.

• 856 posts
    February 12, 2014 9:12 AM EST

That's an excellent idea; Recruiting people should be tied to speech skill.

• 856 posts
    February 12, 2014 9:14 AM EST

I think the 'little girl' vampire is the scariest thing I've encountered in Skyrim; she would entirely catch me off guard.

• February 12, 2014 9:25 AM EST

Ralof and Hadvar, come on they're just cool

• 1913 posts
    February 12, 2014 9:42 AM EST
    I imagine Ralof and Hadvar as like alcohol... At first I thought they were pretty fun and we'd have a fun time... Then after awhile I woke up and felt like wretching...
    • 661 posts
    February 12, 2014 11:40 AM EST

I though that those other Thieves in the guild could be followers or do they just teach you things?

• 661 posts
    February 12, 2014 11:41 AM EST

Folar, and Ravdah. Then I would think about them being cool. But yeah they are ok.

• 661 posts
    February 12, 2014 11:42 AM EST

Why can't Gunmar be a follower. That is another lame thing. I wish I could have the resident Troll-Master backing me in Skyrim.

Oh! And something of a power of his would be like being able to calm wild trolls, and shit. Granting you their services, and the like.

• 41 posts
    February 12, 2014 12:14 PM EST

they just teach you stuff

• 41 posts
    February 12, 2014 12:17 PM EST

right, i wish that it actually showed her kill someone, just for dialogue like when you just joined them, that would of been funny