Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Unwanted Character Build Ideas Thread

• 41 posts
    June 1, 2014 4:08 AM EDT
    Me neither!
    • 277 posts
    June 1, 2014 5:12 AM EDT

About a year and a half ago, I wanted to create a Thalmor gone rogue agent dubbed "The Spectre". The core mechanics of the build revolved around using Telekinesis  to throw daggers at opponents and using the Shadow Warrior - Quiet Casting - Whirlwind Sprint combo to "teleport" while sneaking. Sadly, the damage done by Telekinesis thrown objects was insignificant and I had to drop the whole idea. Bummer.. 

• 41 posts
    June 1, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
    Oh, that teleport idea sounds cool! I might just be able to use that. Thanks!
    • 8 posts
    June 2, 2014 7:43 PM EDT

I had an idea of making an exact opposite of a vigilant of Stendarr. Emissary of the daedric lords

They would wear robes, heavy gauntlets and boots use destruction instead of restoration and be fully equipped in all daedric artifacts. Problem I had, on other similar playthroughs as well is the armour rating was too low. I can never make the heavy armour/ robes combo work despite how awesome I think they look. I might still give it a try maybe using spellbreaker and the mace of molag bol, But I highly doubt I'd actually post the build.

• 189 posts
    June 2, 2014 9:29 PM EDT

There have been a few robed builds that use heavy boots and gauntlets and make it work. Albino's recent Vigilant of Stendarr build did it and he said he was getting around 150 AR apiece from the boots and gauntlets in the endgame. That's after all the Heavy Armor perks, tempering (with the aid of Fortify Smithing enchants and potions), maximizing his Heavy Armor skill, adding Fortify Heavy Armor enchants, and picking up the Ancient Knowledge passive.

Throw in the Lord stone, flesh spells, wards, Health Regen enchants/potions, and/or Block, and you can definitely make it work. I have a really rough concept for a similar "turned cleric" -- starting out as a holy vigilant type character, but eventually being bitten and/or corrupted, and having to reconcile his faith/morality with his affliction.

If you can get 150 displayed AR apiece from your boots and gauntlets in the endgame, you can throw in just the Lord and Ebonyflesh for a total of 500 AR -- 300 displayed from the boots, +50 displayed from the Lord, +100 [temporary] from Ebonyflesh, +50 hidden from the two pieces of armor. That ought to be plenty to get by with....

• 8 posts
    June 3, 2014 1:38 AM EDT
    Thanks for that teccam, just finished reading the build cant believe ive missed it. Might incorporate some of that on my next play through.
    • 1441 posts
    June 3, 2014 3:42 AM EDT
    Cooking....
    • 1441 posts
    June 3, 2014 3:43 AM EDT
    Good luck, tell me how it goes
    • 1441 posts
    June 3, 2014 3:44 AM EDT
    Alright, one build I had was making a Skyrimized version of,our glorious Bem C. Basically, Benjamin Carthwright would be an executioner from Daggerfall. He was reknowned for his ability to slay with a single stroke of his axe. He had been sent by his king to serve Elfsef, his king's half-sister. He was caught on the border.