Forums » General Gaming

Skyrim Passive Health Regeneration Question.

• 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:25 PM EST
    Ok so for background I'm trying to create an Argonian Dragonknight in skyrim to get myself pumped for the ESO coming out. I want a high passive regeneration rate without histskin needing to be used constantly. I understand that the more health I have the more I'll regenerate. So far I'm level 11 being forced to play on adept setting because master is too difficult for this guy. Any tips on running the character would be nice as well.

How high can you get the regenerate health enchant to go on each piece of ring, necklace and chest piece?

Does the Konharik mask effect and the avoid death perk work well together? Will that basically give me two "life returns" a day?

Would there be anyway to make this a viable build on master? I plan on using heavy armor, block(targe of the blooded),one handed(axes),alteration,restoration,destruction(flame cloak), and I'll have to use enchanting and more than likely smithing too.

I have more questions but I seem to have forgotten then all of a sudden...

thanks in advance for any help you guys give.
    • 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:37 PM EST

More than viable...

Health regeneration is sorely undervalued in my opinion but you're going to want to know some numbers I guess...

For a start enchanting isn't the way to go. The enchanting effect for health regen is actually fairly gimped in the game so if you're taking enchanting solely for better health regen dump it now and go after the in game items instead...

The number you want is at the very least 100% regen, anything less than this is still nice but not always noticeable enough to make a big difference. Once you cross that line it seems to suddenly become very noticeable during combat, health regen isn't punished as much as magicka regen during combat so it's always ticking away nicely in the background!

• 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:44 PM EST
    Alteration is really to get the magic resists, unless the shield perk works whether you are facing the caster or not.

I'm honestly a fan of overpowered characters, I've I reach ridiculously OP status I try legendary.

Plus this is a thematic build to me. I'm going to use really only fortify health and health regen enchants.

Also I have seen a slight increase to my healing speed when Ihave regen
    enchants and use a healing spell. Or I could be imagining it.
    • 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:49 PM EST

"Also I have seen a slight increase to my healing speed when Ihave regen
    enchants and use a healing spell. Or I could be imagining it."

I'm actually unsure about this because I've not tested it enough. I can't tell if casting novice healing stacks with your characters current health regen or actually cancels it out.

If you have enough base health and a high regen rate you can actually simulate having the novice healing spell running permanently, I'm talking pretty end game here of course...

• 249 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:49 PM EST
    With Block, Heavy Armor, and a lot of Health, 80% Health Regen would be plenty. Use the Lady Stone and shop at Radiant Raiment for Health Regen Amulet and Rings.
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:51 PM EST
    I've always been terrible with alchemy. the constant pausing of the game to poison your weapon or take a health potion. Also going with enchating because I dont think I'll find ancient nord armor enchanted with regen :/

I'm being incredibly picky about it all though and you guys are like master character builders so please continue throwing your wisdom at me!
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:54 PM EST
    How would one even test it out if one was so inclined? I also play pc of thats relevant at all
    • 365 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:55 PM EST

Well, for nothing short of a long answer that I'd want to type, I'd definitely propose you check out Ponty's Hist-Master build, for one, if you haven't already.

• 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:57 PM EST

Go with the in game items from RR like Alastor said...

I don't agree that 80% is enough to get what Seth is talking about here though Alastor.

Obsidian Sentinel was originally posted with 280% health regen which was horribly OP. I reduced it to 140% health regen a few days later which is enough to regenerate between Death Overlord swings on master difficulty while blocking.

Aim for 150% health regen and see what you think, if your character isn't a blocker then maybe consider taking it higher and if you play on legendary then obviously go balls deep...

• 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:58 PM EST
    I have, and it was pretty much the inspiration for me to do a regen character. the only magic I wanted though was to be passive defense except the flame cloak which, you know, dragonknight.
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:00 PM EST
    Also, do you start all of your characters from the very beginning on master? I can understand the intro but after that our seems kind of tough.
    • 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:02 PM EST

You would want to make a pretty powerful restoration potion (about 500%) and then use it to take the lady stone...

Then drown yourself and time how long it takes to recover. Then drown yourself again but cast healing at the same time and see if there is a change. I've tried this in the past but I was using weaker resto potions at the time and the results weren't conclusive enough for me to say for sure...

• 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:04 PM EST
    appriciate the response, I'll do just that. Question on your obsidian sentinel, did you have to get 5/5 alchemist before you made the potions for the standing stone?
    • 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:09 PM EST

I only play on master from start to finish. I've never even tried legendary, master difficulty just feels right to me these days. I used to say this about expert though, maybe one day I'll try legendary but I've heard too many bad things about it here.

It's not just about difficulty it just becomes completely unbelievable when you're stabbing a wolf 10 times with a sword before it goes down. It takes about 4 swings I think on master to down a wolf for a completely fresh one handed character and it still breaks reality a little...

• 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:13 PM EST

No you can do it in stages so you can run with 70% absorption at lower levels and then go and re-select later when you want to increase it...

For 100% absorption you actually only need to get alchemy to 40. That's enough to get 3/5 alchemist and the benefactor perk. You can get 40 in alchemy after only a half hour of play.

Atronachs can take down Krosis very easily for his mask and you make your potions with that and you're done.

• 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:13 PM EST
    The first time I made this character I wanted to dual weild, but I do not dodge/ move well enough( mouse controls are kind of difficult for me) to survive. In all honesty I should go for alchemy and juat hotkey the potion
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:16 PM EST
    I only tried legenday on the sorcerer build on this site. used the chaos enchant and everything. because I'm a baddie player things still tended to get crazy
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:18 PM EST
    awesome thanks. I've always wanted to try the sorcerer build with 100% abaorb and no regen, but always shed a tear having to put perks into alchemy
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:21 PM EST
    I might do that and just tell myaelf its not alchemy lol
    • 739 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:26 PM EST

I think you need to run at least one build that depends solely on alchemy before you can fully appreciate the skill. I remember learning alchemy for the first time and I absolutely hated it, it didn't seem to matter what potion/poison I made it provided no experience/money...

Even these days I can fully perk it and I still walk around with only a few potions and I never know when the right time to take them is. It's a frustrating skill because 99% of the time you're not actually using it, but if you stack the right combination of potions before a big battle you become a god, just for 60 seconds...

• 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:26 PM EST
    you guys are giving me great info. I didn't even know about some of this stuff, so thank you
    • 64 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:30 PM EST
    fair enough. I'll be sure to give it a good run haha. wasn't there a berserker bulls that focused on alchemy? or the viking stealther build. I forget their names :c

Also typing on a phone sucks