Forums » Elder Scrolls

So... Morrowind?

• 130 posts
    February 6, 2014 4:11 AM EST

I've played through Oblivion and Skyrim a great deal and I'm wondering whether or not I should get Morrowind. I'm sure it was fantastic for it's time, but would it still be fun to play now, after two sequels?

• 622 posts
    February 6, 2014 4:13 AM EST

Get it, it's awesome. Different, but awesome

• 9 posts
    February 6, 2014 4:52 AM EST

I have to say that it is allot easier to get lost in Morrowind and between the three (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) it seems like it was easier for me to immerse myself in it. If you get it for the pc there are plenty of nice mods out for it that enhance the graphics pushing it more towards the Oblivion look. 

• 108 posts
    February 6, 2014 5:15 AM EST
    • 249 posts
    February 6, 2014 6:19 AM EST
    I agree with all this except I've never used mods (console player here). With Skyrim, I've been able I keep playing it because of the Character Building groups and at least 40 different playthroughs.

In Morrowind, I had one playthrough that went everywhere and did everything possible. Not because I wanted to "100%" the game, but because I never lost interest in the gameplay and environment. I may have had another build or two but three builds in two years of playing a game says a lot! Get it! Mods would definitely make it easier to play graphics-wise btw :)
    • 39 posts
    February 6, 2014 7:16 AM EST

^this. Can't wait for that new computer to come, so I can play it when they release it.

• 32 posts
    February 6, 2014 11:30 AM EST
    I've always wanted to try it. Its worth it? I have a real problem with really old crappy graphics.
    • 104 posts
    February 6, 2014 11:33 AM EST
    Get the mods. They have mods for everything.
    • 3 posts
    February 20, 2014 3:39 AM EST

it is Amazing. Much less linear than Skyrim. This one quest I was fetching a puzzle-thing from a dwarven ruin and assuming it was at the bottom. It wasnt

• 9 posts
    August 9, 2015 10:54 AM EDT
    Having played oblivion and skyrim, I bought the GOTY edition online for Xbox. I enjoy playing it, and there is always something new for me. The only trouble I've had, is sticking with a character long enough to fully enjoy it. The graphics in my opinion, are actually pretty good, all things considered. Hell, the faces on the game came out much better than the ones in oblivion, heh
    • 130 posts
    August 9, 2015 11:08 PM EDT

By the way, do you happen to know what the fine is here in Cyrodiil for thread necromancy? Just asking.

• 133 posts
    August 10, 2015 12:03 PM EDT
    Bethesda should do a remake of the last three elder scrolls games for next generation consoles.
    • 641 posts
    August 10, 2015 12:05 PM EDT

I see Skywind as pretty much that for Morrowind 

• 9 posts
    August 10, 2015 11:27 PM EDT
    Hey, always fun to raise a thread back from the dead and get people talking :D
    • 28 posts
    August 11, 2015 8:44 AM EDT

Well, if you want some challenge, then yes, I personally prefer morrowind (and daggerfall) over oblivion. After playing skyrim I just can't play oblivion, either hard and strange morrowind, or more familiar skyrim. Also don't mind all those small problems and graphics, we always have mods.

• 130 posts
    August 11, 2015 9:05 AM EDT
    By the way, I bought the game months ago.
    • 28 posts
    August 11, 2015 9:28 AM EDT

Then close this discussion.

• 130 posts
    August 11, 2015 9:32 AM EDT
    People still seem happy to discuss the good and bad of Morrowind, so I let them. I just thought I'd let you know.
    • 9 posts
    August 11, 2015 9:43 AM EDT
    As I said, my only difficulty was finding a character to play through. Currently I'm a custom battle age, and its pretty good actually
    • 9 posts
    August 11, 2015 11:31 AM EDT
    Random tidbit... No fine for necromancy in Cyrodil :p or at least, not according to Morrowind... Thus, I suffer no penalties for Mt crimes, muahahahaha

How do I open my own thread? I just opened an account here, and I use my phone for it because I don't have a computer. I'm wanting to see about some useful custom spell combinations for morrowind (or oblivion... Preferably Morrison's :p)
    • 130 posts
    August 11, 2015 6:11 PM EDT
    I'm not quite sure how the phone interface works, but I was making reference to the infamous line about necrophilia from Oblivion.
    • 9 posts
    August 11, 2015 7:04 PM EDT
    Ah. Thank you anyway :p and I don't remember that... Haven't played it in a long time though lol