Forums » Elder Scrolls

In My Time of Need - Who Was Really Telling the Truth?

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:26 PM EST
    Robert, don't make me bring out the countless amount of times I was right and you were wrong in Xbox live parties...
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:27 PM EST
    Why would she have to hide or leave? The alik'r only knew she was there... Not who she was...
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:31 PM EST
    Also here is my main reason I didn't believe Kematu... He resides in a cavern with bandits who attack any who enter... There is nothing anyone less than a god can do or say to convince me that isn't related in some way...
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:32 PM EST
    It is simply based on your beliefs
  • February 3, 2014 2:33 PM EST
    And BTFreekingW, why on Nirn would patriotic Alik'r ally with the ones they fought(and won against) in the Great War?
  • February 3, 2014 2:39 PM EST
    You think she would just stay and wait for the next search party to come after her?

Bryn, even if people say to you to move out of the way of a moving truck and saw it heading towards you, you would stay there implying you would not get hurt. And remember, up there I posted something you don't have... Proof!
    • 127 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:51 PM EST

Most people outside the cities are bandits. You really have a weird logic Bryn.

• 194 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:05 PM EST

Yeah. You could say "money", but being part of the Alik'r specifically seems to make you hold to a code of sorts that doesn't smile on Thalmor friendship.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:11 PM EST
    Bandits are murderers, rapists, thieves... So I should trust these people and bring them a person they claim is a criminal? Ok... Sure...
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:19 PM EST
    By your logic, if I see someone who says they are the leader of a bandit clan I should trust them?

Bandit definition: a robber or outlaw belonging to a gang and typically operating in an isolated or lawless area.
    • 661 posts
    February 3, 2014 3:20 PM EST

It's obvious they are hired thugs, or mercs. They attack you because that is a private place of theirs. Think about, if you sister entered your room when you didn't permit it. Wouldn't you take action?

Odd as it seems but those caves, and forts are the homes of these bandit A-holes. You just don't let a stranger into your house do you? Maybe the Redguards are just staying there temporarily because weren't they in Rorikstead before?

• 61 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:31 PM EST

I just do it the quickest way; talk to the Alik'r, talk so Saadia, run after the Alik'r or catch them buy horse (they should be only a bit outside Whitrun city now), run back to Saadie, tell her to follow you to the stables and BAM, the quest done in 10 minutes.

Personally I prefer Kematu anyway, so yeh.

• 158 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:33 PM EST

But they don't know for sure that Saadia is actually in Whiterun, just that she's probably in Skyrim somewhere...

• 158 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:39 PM EST

I think Kematu is telling the truth - they don't hurt Saadia when they get her, they just immobilize her and tell you that they're taking her back for trial.  If they were lying, they'd just kill her and get the bounty.  

That being said, most of my characters don't turn her in, because I play mostly women who might have had bounty hunters on their trail at one point or another, and they have no way of finding out whether Kematu is wrong or right.  My guiding principle is that all women are sisters until proven otherwise.  

• 966 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:43 PM EST

In fact, if you kill Saadia after turning her in and receiving your reward, Kematu will leave and say, "All that effort and you just kill her. You've ruined everything.''"

• 3 posts
    February 3, 2014 5:07 PM EST

I always pick Saadia. I am (for the most part) a Thalmor loyalist and if she is working with or for the Thalmor then my loyalties lie with Saadia before Kematu. Plus I love the epic fight you have with him and all his men, one against what.. eight nine? So satisfying and a test of your combat skills.

• February 3, 2014 7:43 PM EST

Kematu is telling the truth, even though he has a stupid name. 

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 7:46 PM EST

Ah, Shor. I was wondering when you were going to poke your head onto this thread. I actually agree with you for once.  Saadia is full of it, and Kematu is actually the honorable one. 

• February 3, 2014 7:49 PM EST

I've been at school all day. Taking quizzes and taking names. The yoosh

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 7:51 PM EST

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 7:52 PM EST

Nice. I spent most of the day at the university and I only had one class. Meh. 

• 45 posts
    February 3, 2014 7:54 PM EST

Considering that he is the only one who offers a peaceful solution, I'd say you're right.

• February 3, 2014 7:54 PM EST

• February 3, 2014 7:55 PM EST

So what?

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 7:55 PM EST

One of the funniest movies ever - and I am not usually a comedy guy.