Forums » Elder Scrolls

In My Time of Need - Who Was Really Telling the Truth?

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:38 PM EST
    And I can promise you if the GSG9 came to America saying that there was a German terrorist hiding here, our SWAT team and them would be working together faster than you could blink.
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:38 PM EST

They don't go around killing the random Redguard women because they aren't assassins (News Flash! Saadia was lying!) and they are there just to capture her. 

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:39 PM EST
    He tells the whole truth... Only if you talk to her and see him again...
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:40 PM EST

But Balgruuf errs on the side of caution, and that's just the thing. Saadia hasn't done anything bad, so Whiterun has no reason to suspect her of anything. 

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:41 PM EST

Keyword here is truth. 

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:42 PM EST
    Shuuiketsu kills her only cause she isn't attractive... That is cruel... I don't find her attractive cause I don't find many redguards attractive, but I still trust her because the alik'r have way too many damn holes in how they got to this point.
    • 47 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:42 PM EST

Think if you were the Jarl, would you allow an armed foreign force inside Whiterun? And like Saryn said, the city was closed with the dragon sightings.

• 47 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:44 PM EST

Exactly!:) That's what i was trying to say

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:45 PM EST

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:45 PM EST
    ... Yeah... What kind of paranoid idiot thinks it is a good idea to isolate themselves from other people especially when it comes to crime? Anyone who reads this and says they think it is a good idea, I can see you will not get elected for much :P
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:47 PM EST

He isn't elected, Jarl's are decided by lineage. 

• 47 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:47 PM EST

He knew nothing about you at the start, he was just asking a random person to keep an eye out for her before he got kicked out of the city

• 194 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:49 PM EST

I'm glad to see this discussion has seen no distinct conclusion. Good fun. Although I've definitely learned a lot about supporting Kematu, whereas before I did the kill all the men in the bandit hideout because "that's just what I always do".

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:49 PM EST
    No one in game knows it is Saadia, they said Redguard woman... Here is all they have to do, prove she is innocent by having all 2 of their Redguard females go meet them with a few guards in case they are up to something...
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:51 PM EST

And what then, the guards just hand over an innocent woman to them? Saadia hasn't done anything wrong in Whiterun. So the people would never trust the Jarl or his men again if he were to hand over a barmaid to a bunch of strangers for seemingly no reason. 

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:52 PM EST
    I was talking in terms of our reality... I don't believe any of is could become jarls...
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:55 PM EST

Don't trust a ho. Never trust a ho.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:56 PM EST
    And you would risk having a criminal roam the streets of Whiterun possibly ready to do the same thing she did in Hammerfell in skyrim? Good plan...
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:58 PM EST
    To their knowledge she hasn't done anything... To people's knowledge Karliah was a murderer and traitor... We know now it wasn't true... Investigate...
    • 47 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:58 PM EST

There isn't much trust in Tamriel at the moment, Hammerfell hates the empire, Thalmor hate everyone, Skyrim is in civil war, invasion could come from anywhere, you wouldn't let a group of armed warriors from Hammerfell into your city just because they say there after a criminal, crime in Skyrim means your only wanted in one hold if you murder in that hold, so why would Whiterun care about a crime commited in Hammerfell if they don't care about a crime commited in Falkreath

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:59 PM EST

My point is that no matter what he does, the Jarl is screwed, so it is better to just not do anything and hope Saadia continues to not cause problems. 

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:02 PM EST

Don't trust either of them, never have. But Kematu's story makes more sense. A lot times I avoid this quest, because I don't like taking either side much.

• 127 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:12 PM EST

How did you get the impression that I kill her only cause she isn't attractive?

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:19 PM EST
    Don't fall for her (line through) pretty ugly face.
  • February 3, 2014 2:25 PM EST
    The Alik'r say they HAVE information leading them to KNOW the fugitive IS in Whiterun. They want to investigate but not let because Balgruff doesn't give them the audience nor permission to take care of it. They had problems and a fellow soldier arrested, making the guards suspicious and intolerant. The Alik'r was arrested because BOUNTY HUNTING IS ILLEGAL IN THE CITY! Stadia learned of the incarceration of the Alik'r and was a bit cautious about who she spoke to, like when she says after talked to her before the quest "now please, no more questions..." If you help Saadia, she doesn't leave town or move to hide. Meaning that apart from THOSE Alik'r, she has no fears, making her even more guilty. Bryn is just irrationally thinking(and proofless) Check trivia section from below. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Saadia