Forums » Elder Scrolls

In My Time of Need - Who Was Really Telling the Truth?

• 661 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:20 PM EST

I at first turned Saadia in to them because I thought she was telling the truth. Also because she is alone, and is female. It would be kinda wrong to not help her if you think about it. The story she had seemed believable, and when I met Kematu I felt inclined to believe he was lying just to get what he wants. So after I killed him, and got paid I realized that what I did was wrong. I let my ignorance blind me, and my instinct. Although the second time around when I went with Kematu the story just seemed to fit well together. He had the pieces to the puzzle that Saadia doesn't reveal to you. So yes I agree with you Saryn. That bitch is full of shit. I don't feel bad at all when I send her back to Hammerfell.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:20 PM EST
    So is Kematu, he claims that she sold out her homeland to the thalmor... The redguards have singlehandedly kept thalmor from controlling Hammerfell... So the whole traitor thing is pointless cause she didn't really succeed in anything... It is like being charged with arson when you couldn't even light a match.
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:21 PM EST

+1

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:22 PM EST

Have you ever heard of attempted murder? People get arrested for that all the time. Same principle applies here.

• 661 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:22 PM EST

Yeah, and your point is?

I'd lie to to get something I want too. Then again he isn't lying. She is a known fugitive, and she is a Thalmor Agent.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:25 PM EST
    Again... Bosmer and redguards live in their already... So it shouldn't matter trying to keep relations up, they already have citizens from lands that no longer support the empire... So pick another excuse...

(Note I am not saying Saadia is right, I feel neither side is telling the truth and no matter what side I pick I feel like I picked the wrong one.)
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:27 PM EST
    I'm saying that Saryn is wrong because all they had to say is "A KNOWN CRIMINAL WHO IS A DANGEROUS INDIVIDUAL HAS BEEN SEEN IN YOUR HOLD, WITH YOUR PERMISSION MY JARL, WE DESPERATELY REQUEST THAT WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEARCH THE TOWN FOR THE FUGATIVE."
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:28 PM EST
    Whoops, button hit caps lock XD
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:28 PM EST

The difference being that the Redgaurds and Bosmer that live in Skyrim are different from a group of Alik'r - basically military from another government.

• 127 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:29 PM EST

Kematu is not lying. He's telling the whole thing, unlike Saadia. If she lies, she has something to hide.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:29 PM EST
    Yeah, but which attempted murder it had to be close to actually working... If I go to my friends house and see their hunting rifle in their hunting lodge I don't just call 911 and say they are attempting to murder me when they haven't done really anything other than show me the gun...

In order to be judged for something, you have to do something that could be seen as an actual threat.
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:30 PM EST

And the distrustful Nords probably still would have thought the Redguards were full of crap and sent them away anyway, and you're forgetting that the city was closed due to the dragon sighting, so they probably would not have been granted an audience with the Jarl - in fact no one got to see hi except the player and that was only because he had info about Helgen.

• 338 posts

No prob. 

• 127 posts

Don't fall for her pretty ugly face.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:31 PM EST
    You turned her in when you thought she told the truth?! You heartless monster!
    • 661 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:31 PM EST

Like Saryn said. Balgruuf's top priority is his people. I doubt that he would believe what foreigners had to say about a seemingly productive member of society.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:32 PM EST
    And he reveals these pieces only after you talk to her... That is kinda important from the start buddy...
    • 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:32 PM EST

You mean like giving information to a rival government? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's serious shit. They take away your rights in the USA if you do something like that - it's an act of treason.

So, even if Saadia did not do anything, an accusation is enough for the Hammerfell gov't to send people after her for confirmation. Plus the guilty ones always run.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:33 PM EST
    Yes... Cause it's not like there are rich redguards who also provide food to all of the people there and have lived there for years- oh.... Right... There are...
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:34 PM EST
    And letting a possible dangerous criminal is good for the people? How?
    • 661 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:34 PM EST

That reminds me... I really gotta stop trying to fit two ideas into one.

I was trying to spell helped. Not turned. I suppose that happens when you have limited time, and too many ideas.

• 47 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:35 PM EST

I havn't played the quest in some time but I'm sure she says the Alik'r are assassins trying to kill her... If this was true then why when you see the random Alik'r harassing women are they saying stuff like "We're taking you back to Hammerfell."... surely they'd just kill the redguard women if they thought they were Saadia?

So yes I once helped Saadia because I didn't know the full story and it seemed right, but then I helped Kematu when i was attempting a 'evil' playthrough, quickly discovering that Kematu wasn't evil and his story just fits better

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:35 PM EST

Yeah, and those ones had to prove themselves probably, or were rich from the start. And sadly, rich people would get in where warriors in rags with curved swords would not. 

• 661 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST

Huh? Now your not making sense.

• 338 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST

It's not good, but it is better than risking the Thalmor getting pissed off and openly attacking the city. They have the authority to do that, too. They could use Heimskr as an excuse, and say that since the Jarl didn't do anything about him, that they can kill the whole Whiterun gov't for violating the Concordat.