Forums » Elder Scrolls

What has kept you playing Skyrim for the past two years?

• 167 posts
    January 30, 2014 6:37 AM EST

For me, the game still has many new experiences to offer. Bethesda truly did a wonderful job at keeping my interest throughout the games lifespan. Now I'm curious as to what keeps other people here playing Skyrim, aside from the Blog itself of course.

• 490 posts
    January 30, 2014 8:55 AM EST

First starting, it was the amazement at the game.

Midway through (with now being the end point, so around August/June I began reading heavily into lore and played around with game mechanics, which is why I have around 30 characters shared here, which is around 30% of the characters I have experimented with.

Now it is a combination of lore and role play.

When ESO hits, the cycle begins again!

• 966 posts
    January 30, 2014 9:44 AM EST

Have barely played Skyrim the last 2 years, actually.

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 10:04 AM EST

Mods.

• 104 posts
    January 30, 2014 10:07 AM EST
    This blog helped to stoke my interest and continue playing. I use it now to help me create characters for writing. Skyrim is an interactive book.
    • 30 posts
    January 30, 2014 10:58 AM EST
    First off I had never played a game like this before where you had this much freedom and so many things to do.Middle way through the builds kept me playing.Now I play because I'll be starting my own blog in a few months.
    • 7 posts
    January 30, 2014 11:28 AM EST
    You can give me a game like this any day. For me it's the lore behind the game and series itself. Every time I play, I find something new. My current play through for instance I am exploring more caves. I am literally finding places I've never been to and it's awesome. I'm sure I'll never find all of them, but that's what it's about. I dislike running through quickly and beating questlines quickly. I don't cheat or exploit the game. I'll continue to play this game at least until ESO comes out and even then I do not know what will happen. ESO will be a big focus over the next few years, but I hope another single player game is coming too.
    • 8 posts
    January 30, 2014 11:56 AM EST

Well I've only just bought it so ask again in two years time

• 127 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:08 PM EST
    Mods and all these character builds!
    • 291 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:38 PM EST

This.

• 661 posts
    January 30, 2014 1:06 PM EST

Its the only game on the market I'll abuse. So it's definitely going to be a game I'll be playing for about 5 years or so. At least until another game that's better will come around.

• 29 posts
    January 30, 2014 2:13 PM EST
    I still haven't beat the main quest or the civil war or Dawnguard... so I still have tons to do which is why I still play.
    • 63 posts
    January 30, 2014 2:38 PM EST

This may sound concieted, but love of my Characters.

... oh My six wonderful Khajiits; how i love you so...

• February 1, 2014 2:04 AM EST
    I'm with David
    Come back to me in 2 years
    • 158 posts
    February 1, 2014 3:29 AM EST

I believe Henson said it best:

"Release day Skyrim is Vanilla.

DLC added is Chocolate and Strawberry.

Modded Skyrim is Chunky Monkey with heroin needles sprinkled on top."

Mods and DLC will keep me going for a loooooong time yet.

• 4 posts
    June 29, 2014 7:28 AM EDT

Personally, I've always love the different choices and styles in which you can play the game. Im pretty big into the whole mideival thing and add in a huge open world and long range of characters skyrim is my sorta game.

• 4 posts
    June 29, 2014 7:30 AM EDT

I see your a cat person.

• 4 posts
    June 29, 2014 7:31 AM EDT

I wouldn't bother killing parthurnax I were you just a little advice

• 127 posts
    June 29, 2014 12:59 PM EDT

I consider myself somewhat of a writer and storyteller.  ES lore and Skyrim are my sandbox for that.  Also I only got the DLC a few months ago and have yet to get through it all, and recently invested in a PC version for more sandboxes to throw sand in.

• July 4, 2014 5:57 PM EDT

Roleplaying.