Forums » Elder Scrolls

Staves and Staff enchanting

• 95 posts
    January 29, 2014 2:23 PM EST

Hi guys

I have a questions on staves. What is required to access the staff enchanter and heart stones? I have the Dragonborn DLC but I didn't do almost anything on Solsthein so it's very new for me  I just tested with console commands that destruction sperks like Augmented Flames works on staves as well as Fortify Destruction Potions so I want to make a character who mainly uses staves.

And an other question. Besides enchanting and killing dragon priests, is it possible to get adept and expert staves? (I mean fixed locations, purchasing etc.)

Thanks in advance

• 490 posts
    January 29, 2014 2:29 PM EST

Keep playing the DLC. You will see...

I would check UESP for locations if you really want to. Snapleg Cave (I think) has a fixed Staff of Paralysis.

I am glad you want to use staves, I am doing so and it is a blast (pun wholeheartedly intended.)

• 95 posts
    January 29, 2014 2:44 PM EST

By the way Staff of Paralysis. What is the chance to paralyse the target? The description of the spell says Paralyses the taget who fails to resist. But what % is the chance?

• 95 posts
    January 30, 2014 2:42 AM EST

Ok I found 2 fixed locations for 2 pretty good staves. The affairs of Hagravens and the Repentance quests. (Wall of flames and Fireball). Good for start