Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Army Would Be the Best?

• 338 posts
    January 28, 2014 10:40 PM EST

Ok. You get to pick 3 of the 10 playable Skyrim races to make an army out of. Which would you choose? What is the best possible and most effective combination?

Consider everything from proximity to each other (an alliance between High Rock and Black Marsh would have communications issues, for example) to individual combat prowess to whatever else you can think of. 

• 360 posts
    January 28, 2014 10:43 PM EST

I'd say, imperials, redguards and nords

• 360 posts
    January 28, 2014 10:43 PM EST

or maybe take nords out and put bretons in for magic troops

• 338 posts
    January 28, 2014 10:45 PM EST

No elves? I'm hurt. 

• 360 posts
    January 28, 2014 10:51 PM EST

I have no particular love for elves, but another alternative would be to take out the bretons and give the dunmer a chance, which is, as a matter of fact the, the only elf race which I actually like. I have no real feelings towards bosmer and orcs, and absolutely hate the altmer and the falmer

• January 28, 2014 10:53 PM EST

Orcs, Nords, Bretons. 

Orcs are support troops. They will mostly be advising on crafting armor and weapons. 

Nords and Bretons will make up the forces. Nords will be the bulk, focusing on light infantry, effectively, they will be doing Blitzkrieg. T

The Bretons will be heavy infantry, consisting of battlemages, and tanks.

The orcs will be the support in the weak parts of the lines. The Bretons will be the core of the battle movement. They will be a solid column. The Nords will be light and fast, and probe the enemies flanks, causing disruption, and weakening what's infront of the main column, then the Breton tanks deal a hammer blow, and the enemy line collapses. 

• 338 posts
    January 28, 2014 10:55 PM EST

I would pick the Dunmer of Morrowind, the Nords of Skyrim, and the Redguards of Hammerfell as my 3. I'd have a northern alliance thing going on. I don't know what I would call it though.

There are many port cities along the north coast of Tamriel, so my economy would be stable, and goods could be moved from one side of the place to the other very easily. The militaries of both the Nords and the Redguards are legendary on their own, so combined I think they would be nearly unstoppable, especially with the Dunmer, some of the most feared users of magic-enhanced combat techniques, thrown into the mix. 

High Rock would have no choice but to trade with my Empire or else spend far too much coin shipping the goods farther, so I would have economic control over that region, and eventually the Bretons and the Orcs would be forced to acknowledge my supremacy, and I would allow them to enter the Empire as well, not necessarily as fighters but as diplomats and smiths. It would be a perfectly functioning northern society free from the Dominion and the Mede Empire, and fully capable of protecting itself.

Plus, I'd have one hell of a navy. 

• 127 posts
    January 29, 2014 12:21 PM EST
    Orcs, Bretons, and Khajit Orcs as the soilders, and the smiths.
    Bretons for magic support
    Khajit for stealth
  • January 29, 2014 12:26 PM EST

How are the Khajiit gonna be a part of an alliance on the other side of a continent? 

• 104 posts
    January 29, 2014 12:51 PM EST
    Breton- Infantry. Mages. Spellswords. Enchanters. Healers.

Imperial- Smiths. Healers. Commanders. Infantry. Archers. Horse.

Redguard- Smiths. Infantry. Horse. Archers.

This army relies on speed, tactics/commanders and healing.
    • 48 posts
    January 29, 2014 1:10 PM EST

Nords as the main bulk of my army Redguard for the superior navy and Bretons as battle mages and healers. Also with this geographical advantage we could take the Orcs next use them as shock troops and armorers then move south take the Imperials move west into Morrowind make a treaty add them into my army as scouts until i take Valenwood then Elsweyr. I would mostly leave Black Marsh alone maybe make another treaty and then use the Redguard navy supplied with my Nord and Orc berserkers on board and then use the Breton and Dunmer battle mages to take Summer Set Isle game over.

• 127 posts
    January 29, 2014 9:55 PM EST
    They are flanking enemies, of course. *sigh* silly shor...
    • 127 posts
    January 29, 2014 9:56 PM EST
    Why?
  • January 29, 2014 9:57 PM EST

How are they gonna coordinate? They're half a world away. 

• 338 posts
    January 29, 2014 9:59 PM EST

Not to mention Elsweyr would be completely surrounded by enemy territory. 

• 29 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:07 PM EST

The Altmer navy is superior to every other navy, you'll suffer massive loses before even landing your troops.

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:17 PM EST

Imperials. Nothing beats a prepared Colovian Legion on the field of battle, this is proven time and time again. They're also good smiths, traders, and have some powerful ships. Not to mention they own the most important province on Tamriel. This is actually 2 races, but let's ignore that since they're the only ones able to function as one. All the while hating and making fun of eachother, but still.

Then Bretons. They control the richest province of Tamriel, are the best traders, good craftsmen, citizen soldiers, and ofcourse, they're the ultimate mage killers.

Then Altmer, they're fewer in number, and not connected to the Mainland, but they make up for this due to their extremely powerful navy, and the fact to nothing right now can hope to assault Alinor.

This alliance would conquer all of Tamriel within 5 years.

• 1 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:22 PM EST

Khajiit, nostalgia, Nords, the best, Dunmer, creepy

• January 29, 2014 11:23 PM EST

Ok then, don't attack Colovians when they're prepared. Solved that problem.  

• January 29, 2014 11:25 PM EST

I think the Redguards could do work on them. A ship is only as good as it's captain, and the Altmer are few in number. 

• 127 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:28 PM EST
    Yeah well... Khajit are sneaky and they will all just use the backstab,and shadow warrior perks. Then they'd kill everything
    • 338 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:29 PM EST

I disagree with you. The Nords and the Redguards are both amazing boat makers and sailors. They could teach the Altmer a few things about how to run a navy. 

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:29 PM EST

Doubtful. The Altmer navy is without equal in Tamriel.

• 338 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:30 PM EST

Two words. Bosmer Archers. 

They could kill half the Khajiit on the western border without them even finding the shooters.

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:31 PM EST

With the alliance you currently have, you'll have a hard time pushing through Cyrodiil.