Forums » General Gaming

Shadow Of Mordor-Official Gameplay Walkthrough Video

• 56 posts
    January 23, 2014 4:56 PM EST

So, the minds behind the upcoming 'Lord of the Rings' game just released a gameplay walkthrough video. I think this will be a great game as it mixes a lot of different play styles from known games (AC, Batman Arkham games,..) with their own unique ideas (wraith powers and middle-earth universe). I'm really looking forward to this game as I am a Lotr fan and I think it will broaden the sneak games a bit, a 'genre' which was (over the last years) mainly dominated by Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell.

What is everyone thinking about the video and demonstrated gameplay? Do you like it? Yes? No? Let's have a little discussion.

If I may add, this game was the inspiration for my latest character build, the Wraith Ranger, if you want you can check it out on my profile.

Enjoy the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fB64APq_jk (sorry can't embedd it properly...)

• 1483 posts
    January 23, 2014 5:04 PM EST

Man, the game looked amazing! I won't consider it a stealth game, but I liked what I saw and that previous experience system looks sick! I'm a bit confused about how they manage multiple playthroughs and open world, since in theory, open world should grant you a ton of gameplay time to not to bother with another playthrough. 

• 56 posts
    January 23, 2014 5:20 PM EST

Only way I can think of is decisions, which affect the game/quests/npcs. Perhaps the player needs to choose to give the wraith more control (evil playthrough) or Talion (good playthrough) and completing the game in either the Wraith's or Talion's favour. Either way I'm stoked for this game since the first announcement 

• 41 posts
    January 23, 2014 9:23 PM EST
    Please tell me this is going to be on 360 to? I don't have the money for a xbox 1 yet what so ever
  • January 24, 2014 12:48 AM EST

Personally, I feel like it's going to suck, or at least be mediocre

• 56 posts
    January 24, 2014 9:31 AM EST

Official page says: Xbox 360, Xbox one, PS3, PS4 and PC

• 56 posts
    January 24, 2014 9:32 AM EST

Why? You need at least to explain your point...

• 966 posts
    January 24, 2014 9:36 AM EST

He probably just lost faith after all the failed LoTR games.

• 56 posts
    January 24, 2014 11:10 AM EST
    Don't think it will be out before ESO. It's still Alpha
    • 159 posts
    January 24, 2014 12:55 PM EST

I love this game.But I am wondering what is his personal reason behind this? I mean killing and turning entire orc hordes against each other is great but why?

• 966 posts
    January 24, 2014 1:05 PM EST

The vid mentions that everyone he ever loved was killed by Sauron.

• 56 posts
    January 24, 2014 3:32 PM EST

As Alduin said, his family was killed by Sauron's army, an Talion was also killed but the ghost revived him for his own purpose and granted him those powers. There's not yet more known about the story and motivations behind the actions of the wraith.

• January 24, 2014 3:49 PM EST

Yeah, that's a bit of it.

The combat also just looks really crap, and unless the open world bits are really good it's gonna suck.

Don't really care that much about the previous encounters thing, though the leaders and minions dynamic could be really cool.

• 29 posts
    April 12, 2014 10:39 AM EDT

I hope it is gonna be good. From where can i buy it?

• 56 posts
    April 12, 2014 4:30 PM EDT

Go to the official page and click Pre-Order. 

• 29 posts
    April 13, 2014 3:09 AM EDT

I watched the first gameplay of it and it seems very good. But i noticed, that there is climbing and jumping like in The Prince of Persia. I hope this is not too much, because in The Prince of Persia everything is climbing and jumping and if there were more fighting and blood it would be more interesting. But Shadow of Mordor looks excellent for me.