Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Character Build Deathmatch: Discussion

• 622 posts
    January 18, 2014 4:43 PM EST

The majority of the builds don't seem THAT bad, IMO, with the exception of the Dominatrix. That and the Traitier of the Mythic Dawn were the only ones that I felt should be purged.

• 1913 posts
    January 18, 2014 4:52 PM EST
    I've said the domanatrix needed burning since I first saw it...
    • 622 posts
    January 18, 2014 5:14 PM EST

*lights torch*

• 179 posts
    January 18, 2014 7:09 PM EST

*grabs gas cans*

• 622 posts
    January 18, 2014 7:12 PM EST

We're gonna burn you~

((No one will probably get that reference but it's from my favorite comedian, Wil Anderson, where he's talking about how 100 years agio everything was so different and if a women stood up in public and spoke about women's right, everyone would have called her a witch and be like, "We're gonna burn you~!"))

• 1913 posts
    January 18, 2014 7:16 PM EST
    Gotta love Wil Anderson :)
    • 622 posts
    January 18, 2014 8:53 PM EST

I was watching his DVD today, haha

• 485 posts
    January 18, 2014 10:27 PM EST

Go forth glorious executioner. 

• 485 posts
    January 18, 2014 10:42 PM EST

Deletion sounds harsh to some. I understand that, but deletion is absolutely necessary. The mods and site owners have a right to enforce a level of quality control. Bad builds have a way of attracting attention. Ever see a build with 50 comments, 2000 views and 5 likes? We are literally like moths to a flame when it comes to bad builds. 

As fun as it is to read, comment on, and silently laugh at terrible builds ( its your guilty pleasure so fess up), it takes valuable attention away from quality work. People who take 2-3 months to playtest, write up, and piece together a character build do not deserve to have their work buried by the works of people who've seemingly gone out of their way to disobey the CB group rules. 

• 38 posts
    January 19, 2014 12:14 AM EST

This is the first deathmatch i have seen (well noticed anyway) but i think its a great idea, these were just posted onto deathmatch less than 24hrs ago and some of these builds recieved more than 10likes since, 3 or 4 of them are no longer in the bloodworks and it looks like two more will hit 20 likes before this is said and done, only problem i can see with the deathmatch is the fact that it will be inevitable to have to purge the recognized category every so often.

• 6 posts
    January 19, 2014 12:15 AM EST

I agree, both of the builds I have posted are theoretical builds I have meant to tinker with, yet have not gotten around to doing so. Between schooling, tabletop gaming (which I end up designing for moreso than actually playing), and family stuff I rarely find the motivation to go through and playtest my own builds.

Currently I have 2 on this site. 1 is an unorthodox life-leeching tank that relies on cannibalism and Absorb Health enchantments, and the other is a monk spellblade I created with different paths, so in theory you could make several characters following the build & going through the various paths to mimic psionics.

Somewhere lying around my house on paper I have skeletons of builds for a Cleric with Multiple Personality Disorder, each of the personalities with different ability/skill sets; a Protoss Templar with 3 "forms" (nightblade/mage/spellblade tank) with drastically different playstyles in each form; a Dwemer-mancer; a reincarnation of Nightmare from Soul Caliber using Volendrung as Soul Edge; an Illithid build that consists of a mage with almost entirely battlefield controlling shenanigans, anti-magic shenanigans, and brain consumption; a Dragon Shaman from D&D which is essentially a spellblade monk; and an Avenger from D&D which is an assassin for their deity(s) that is an unarmored spellblade as opposed to being a nightblade or flat out assassin, & mechanic-wise looks like an anti-boss build.

• 12 posts
    January 19, 2014 7:33 AM EST

The dominatrix just needs a little TLC. Sure is fairly bland and basic even for a bloodworks, but I can't help but keep hope as it reminds me of my crazy ex. Or maybe it's just the name that reminds me? Eh, besides the point, I personally believe that if it goes under some revisions it has real potential, maybe not get legendary but at least a rank higher. XD

• 268 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:11 PM EST
    Ben is anxious for blood!
    • 36 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:12 PM EST
    Hahahaha
    • 36 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:15 PM EST
    Uh yea the forgotten knight is kinda invalid since the death match is for bloodwork builds
    • 739 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:21 PM EST

On it now...

• 739 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:24 PM EST

The Deathmatch is now over! The Forgotten King was the winner, the Naga and the Evangelist have also aquired enough likes to survive, all have been moved to Recognized.

• 739 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:25 PM EST

Uh yea, it was a bloodwork build 24 hours ago...

• 36 posts
    January 19, 2014 1:49 PM EST
    Ok I understand but what happens if say all builds get over 20 do some get deleted and the one with the most likes win or do they all stay? This is for future reference of what if.
    • 36 posts
    January 19, 2014 2:22 PM EST
    Is the winner the one who got the most?
    • 49 posts
    January 19, 2014 2:30 PM EST

*Forgotten Knight

I really don't see why everyone voted for it. It was generic and boring. And the naga sucked. I think the Evangelist was the only good one of the bunch.

• 36 posts
    January 19, 2014 2:36 PM EST
    I kind of liked the forgotten knight just how it was built and written it drew me in the naga didn't suck but it wasn't amazing I think it just needs a little improvement and I think the evangelist was a nice build I just couldn't stay interested in it while reading it seemed kind of boring In my opinion but that's just me.
    • 179 posts
    January 19, 2014 4:40 PM EST

The winner is the one with the most votes in the poll results.

• 36 posts
    January 19, 2014 4:41 PM EST
    Ok thanks Albino
    • 179 posts
    January 19, 2014 4:42 PM EST

No problem.