Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite follower?

• 127 posts
    January 16, 2014 1:05 AM EST
    My favorite follower is either the Dark brotherhood initiate, or J'zargo. Neither of them really fit my play style (I play a light armor warrior).

Which is your favorite follower? Why? Do they fit your play style? What is your play style?
    • 69 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:03 AM EST

My favourite: Cicero

But i normally pick my followers depending on my characters preference. e.g If i am playing a racist, supremacist dunmer character, I don't pick any other follower than a dunmer. (I might pick an argonian or khajiit and make them a slave, though)

• 194 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:03 AM EST

This is gotta be a common topic... Even a poll... My vote goes to Mjoll the Lioness and Teldryn Sero. The feature you'll notice I'm aiming for with these two is dialogue. Nothing is more game ruining than a robot of a follower who says one or two lines over and over again and simply does whatever you say. I want a character to follow me, not an algorithm.

• 69 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:05 AM EST

Yes, It has been both actually, Theo. I like them both too, But Cicero has the added feature of making me laugh.

• 194 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:07 AM EST

Absolutely. Of course his dialogue is more along the lines of jest (obviously), but it is still very entertaining. I like the scripted dialogues though; mentioning the type of dungeon we're in, the city, etc.

• 69 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:10 AM EST

Yeah, I also love followers who have another option in their menu. like Teldrin's How did you end up on solthseim? and so on.

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:39 AM EST

I don't use followers. But in the rare times that I take somebody with me, I like to take a follower of an opposite playstyle to my own - so if playing a warrior, I'd take a mage or an archer. Melee combat gets as crowded as a doorway full of Lydia sometimes.

Mjoll's attitude was refreshingly upbeat, so she stayed with me longer than most. I had Serana with me for ages because I didn't ever finish the quest, so I'm incredibly sick of hearing "What do you need?" over and over again.

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2014 7:45 AM EST
    Y'all are easy to make bored or sick... I have heard "khajiit guard you" and "khajiit got your back" and all of Kharjo/J'zargo's lines over 100,000 times (not an exaggeration) and I still love hearing their dialogue.
    • 158 posts
    January 16, 2014 10:20 AM EST
    My assassin has had Jenassa for a long time. She does fit that character´s play style, because she´s the only follower who can sneak at all. I find her to be the least annoying so far. Other than that, I don´t use the in game followers much, although I have used some modded ones for a Forsworn character.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:20 AM EST

Well...

You're talking about Khajiit... And Serana. Serana... And Khajiit.
    A talking cat and a teenager vampire.
    Talking. Cat. A cat who talks, and Serana.
    I think you understand me.

Har.

• 490 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:26 AM EST

UTHGERD!!!

My warrior centered characters love charging in with Uthgerd the Unbroken.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:27 AM EST

Lawl. If it was unclear, I was not supporting Serana. 

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:36 AM EST
    I'm allergic to cats severely (almost died from an asthma attack because of them) so I hate cats... Serana is a woman who has more than one emotion and is funny and has an actual character arc... Better than 95% of the other characters of skyrim
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:43 AM EST

1: Teldryn Sero;
    2: Kharjo; (I'll never be able to leave him withouth his Moon Amulet...)
    3: Jenassa;
    I also like Beleval. I like her as much as I like Jenassa, if not more.

[EDIT] Can't forget about Cicero and.. Rieklings!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:45 AM EST

Wow. I can't imagine how hard it is to be allergic to cats. It may be one of the worst things ever.
    About Serana... Sure, it's as deep as any other vampire stories with a teenager in it. 

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:51 AM EST
    Lol
    • 1913 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:53 AM EST
    Lydia, Frea, Serana, Kharjo, Brelyna, Ingjard, and Beleval... All of them are amazing IMO.
    • 127 posts
    January 16, 2014 11:54 AM EST

I generally take a follower who complements my play style well.  When a melee heavy character, it's an archer or a mage, and vice versa.

As for my favourite, it's probably going to be Erik the Slayer just for the concept of having a farmhand decked out in awesome.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    January 16, 2014 12:48 PM EST

On PC , I sometimes make my own to fit my character better. Most of the time I don't use followers. But when I do in an unmodded game I like Farkas, Belrand  and Marcurio (mostly because I find him pretty entertaining).

• 1483 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:24 PM EST

Serana. The only follower who actually has some character development and detail as cliche as it gets sometimes. Haven't traveled with Frea or Teldryn though

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:27 PM EST
    Frea is the best at combat and has some character, but no where near as Serana... Teldryn has no real personality but has an interesting backstory. No, I lie... He is basically marcurio as a dunmer with chitin light armor and an elven sword...
    • 1483 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:30 PM EST

Haven't used Marcurio either, except for setting him up at Goldenglow...

Frankly the only reason I traveled with Serana is because she was forced on me. I usually work alone 

• 1913 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:33 PM EST
    You summed up my opinions on him quickly...
    • 159 posts
    January 16, 2014 2:52 PM EST

Alea the huntress I love, Her dialogue, personality and the fact  you can marry her. . I only wish she would occasionally go into wolf mode. And my second choice would be....Khajario caravan guard.  

• 856 posts
    January 16, 2014 3:08 PM EST

I dislike followers, and now I only take them when forced.