Forums » General Gaming

What is the most under used/underrated item in skyrim?

• 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 6:59 PM EST
    I never see wabbajack being used! Sure it has low stats, but the fact it can turn enemies (or a peasant) into a chicken is awesome!
    I also think that auriels bow and shield aren't used enough. Beauty aside, they have decent stats and make a excellent an set. The bow has a base damage of 86 (depending on your archery level) and has 20 points of sun damage! And auriels shield builds up a charge, that can be released on a foe.

Anyway what is your most underrated item(s) in skyrim?
    • 194 posts
    January 13, 2014 7:23 PM EST

I just found out that the unique weapon Windshear is essentially glitched. Never thought to use it because I don't like using only one hand but it actually staggers enemies on any hit so can be just as effective with spells/shields.

Wanted to make a build with it... But nothing stood out as fun/fair with that sword.

• 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 7:29 PM EST
    Yeah, but it is great for crowd control :)
    • 194 posts
    January 13, 2014 7:58 PM EST

Yeah I think a spellsword could abuse this greatly to keep enemies out of melee range... But again, it has the unfortunate effect of being easy. Have to be a handicap build or something.

I was just looking at great artifacts recently. You reminded me how awesome Wabbajack is. Definitely a better item for character building.

• 189 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:04 PM EST

There have been a few builds that use it. Including at least two or three in Mythic/Legendary. But yeah, it's pretty silly. I don't think there's a handicap out there that can compensate for a weapon that literally makes every enemy in the game unable to harm you. Especially if you pair it with a Staff of Chain Lightning to keep ranged enemies at bay.

• 365 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:10 PM EST

Auriel's Bow has disappointingly low amount of charges, which is why it is so underused... 

IMO Most of the most underused items are the DLC weapons (Longhammer, Dawnguard weapons etc.) and most of the staffs - I agree, Wabbajack with Targe of the Blooded could be a deadly combo!

Stacking DoT Bleed Damage + Chicken Turn ability....could be extremely fun!

(P.S - I don't know what it is tonight, but everything has been '+' this and '+' that....must have combos on the brain or something! )

• 1913 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:11 PM EST
    Once you get it, you are essentially mashing the win button
    • 1913 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:20 PM EST
    When you turn a person or creature into a animal they get full health and as soon as they are damaged they transform back into their normal form..l
    • 1913 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:21 PM EST
    Oddly enough, whenever it use it on a follower hoping to heal them, I turn them into gold... I then spend them on booze so I can drown in my sorrows... And then I feel worse cause I literally paid for booze with my friends so that makes me buy more booze... And it becomes a never ending cycle... Until I run out of money :P
    • 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:21 PM EST
    Win button!!!
    • 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:24 PM EST
    As sad as that is, I like it!
    • 30 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:34 PM EST
    The staff of corruption I've never tried using it ever.
    • 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:36 PM EST
    It's my least favorite daedric artifact
    • 490 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:37 PM EST

I agree about the Wabbajack, but that will be changing soon.

• 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:39 PM EST
    What are you implying? (If you are planning on making a build, awesome)
    • 1913 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:42 PM EST
    Then I need more friends >:) :P
    • 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:48 PM EST
    Murder, money, booze... Do you play as a Nord? Just kidding :D
    • 1913 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:55 PM EST
    A lot of my Nords end up having little money and don't drink... My dunmer love booze though (my altmer is too civilized... She only drinks wine)
    • 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:58 PM EST
    I love dark elves! Mine are normally skooma addicts though... Idk why
    • 127 posts
    January 13, 2014 8:59 PM EST
    P.S. I'm a fan of your builds! :D
    • 194 posts
    January 13, 2014 10:43 PM EST

The shame is that the collecting dreams mechanic is quite good... And the reward is just mediocre, basic damage. It should have SOMETHING going for it. An additional fear (nightmare) effect... 5% chance to summon a nightmare to help you, like an ice wraith ghost... Something...

• 127 posts
    January 14, 2014 12:03 AM EST
    That would have been cool. It definitely would've made me want to use it for more the just RP purposes.
  • January 15, 2014 2:36 PM EST

Torches. 

• 661 posts
    January 15, 2014 2:40 PM EST

That is actually one of my greatest tools in Skyrim. Nothing better than a shield/light/burn-your-face-off tool.

• 36 posts
    January 15, 2014 10:36 PM EST
    Telekinesis is underrated. Sure it sucks butt and can't do anything. But I don't care! Please someone make a telekinesis build! Please!