Forums » General Gaming

Which hold were you born in?

• Al
    • 23 posts
    February 19, 2014 1:57 AM EST
    A nord born in eastmarch to a soldier turned lowly hunter. I am trying to become battle archer in honor of my father. I've roamed the empire learning skills to fight with the arrow in long and close range combat. I learned from the orcs how to use heavy armor to deflect any blow my enemies try to land on me.
    • 2 posts
    February 25, 2014 11:28 PM EST

Whiterun province hands down

• 661 posts
    February 26, 2014 12:06 AM EST
    I was born atop the Bruma Mountians. My father owned an estate up there that was similar to the Cloud Ruler Temple. My father and mother often took me to Skyrim to the hold of Falkreath to visit my mother's clan. The Snow Hammers. It was in Falkreath I spent most of my time in Skyrim as a child. It's a place I'd like to call home when I am old. Not many Bandits in the area. Most of the threats are high in the mountains too but that isnt a problem for me, and my Ebony Axe. :p
  • February 26, 2014 1:31 PM EST

I usually play as an Orc and I like the idea that I grew up in one of the strongholds and decided to leave to earn glory.

• February 26, 2014 3:42 PM EST
    I was born in Valenwood, near the borders between Elsweyr and Cyrodiil in a "city" called Arenthia. Living in the outskirts of the city to be far from the Imperial traders and the trading rabble my mother and father lived. My mother Arinea, was a sculptor and Kerion my father a hunter. Since I could hold a bow, my father thought me how to wield it(as tradition of our people) and at the age of 6 I was able to hunt my first rabbit. My father's brother Artulion always came to visit and taught me how to wield a dagger(the only blade small enough for me to handle) so I could defend myself in case a stray wolf would try to attack me, but never stayed much due to his work as a Mercenary. After some Imperials thought my father's meats where too expensive they accused him of theft and sent him to an imperial prison (Skingrad maybe). My mother, not able to pay for the meats and not wanting to let her 8-year old sonhunt by himself left that farm with me and went into Elsweyr but thankfully the Khajiiti tribe there wasn't as hostile as we thought(given that a un-armed mother and her son don't seem much of a threat) but after two years my Mother died. The tribe didn't want to be responsible for a kid Bosmer(could be blamed of kidnap) so I headed into Cyrodiil in search of my father. After I found him in the Imperial Prision(the cell next to the one wich once held the Hero of K'vatch) near madness, but once he saw me his mind cleared up. He was amazed to see his now 20-year old son who still wields the bow like he taught how to. After that, I became a Ranger, and decided to explore the other provinces... But the people who caught my father still found me. Between the borders of Morrowind and Riften I was stopped by the border gate Guard, who was informed of my father's "crime" and was paid for my arrest. With nowhere to hide I subdued to the arrest and I'm serving my time in Rifte's jail.
    • 1 posts
    February 26, 2014 5:37 PM EST

How does one suddenly go from the age of 8 to 20? :P

• 106 posts
    February 26, 2014 5:40 PM EST
    Zacharias Draconis was born in Solitude, graduated the Bards College, and has traveled to see every square inch of the beautiful land of Skyrim
  • February 26, 2014 7:33 PM EST

I was born in Windhelm, Breton mother and imperial father. We all lived on a farm, where one day bandits attacked out of no where killing everything but me. I survived by stealing until i meet Vex's who was on a mission for the thieves guild. When she saw my talents in the art of stealth she gave me a pleasant invitation to a New life style.

• 87 posts
    February 26, 2014 8:04 PM EST

Born in Solitude. I am the son of the Wolflord monarchs. My father was a Grey Wolf, my mother is a Winter Wolf. My father was usurped by a cruel felinthrope by the name of Leopold the Lion. He murdered my brothers and sisters and set the keep on fire, blaming their deaths upon the flame. Leopold forced my mother to marry him, or to have all her fellow Winter Wolves in Winterhold killed. I was whisked away by a maid of my mother's and she and her husband raised my in Rorikstead. My father was an ex member of the guard of my father and showed me how to use the sword. When I discovered my... therianthropy, my adoptive parents decided that someone should show me how to control the animal within, so the Companions inner circle was able to help me. After learning to control the Wolf and some more with the sword, I was raised into the Companions' inner circle.   

• February 26, 2014 8:49 PM EST
    Elsweyr isn't that close to the Imperial city, and besides, as a kid and without a map your bound to get lost. My character never lived near Imperials due to his fear, became a solitary fellow, until he was an adult and decided he could face anything.

He gets to Skyrim at age 36. So the time between the beginning and end is pretty summed up. :P
    • 3 posts
    February 28, 2014 3:25 PM EST

due to my personality, i would have to say Riften. possibly being born into a family of fishermen/women and later getting involved in the usual politics and such working my way into the guild. 

...oh the life that would be!

• 133 posts
    June 12, 2014 5:01 PM EDT
    Born in a secret den on the border between skyrim and cyrodiil. My parents? Two of the last members of the blades, they met in the order, my farther knew everything there was to know about the akaviri whilst my mother was the headstrong warrior. My mother became pregnant around the time the white gold concordat was sighned and was forced to flee with my farther. We stayed in this den till I was sixteen, that was when they came... the thalmor! We had been ratted out by a friend, the one person we thought we could trust. He was a nord called Olthon, they didn't torture him, just payed him. Mother had trained me to fight and I was pretty adept by then but they must have known how dangerous my mother was as there were about seventeen of them! When my farther fell my mother went into rage and took down five before a lightning bolt seared her forehead and she collapsed. Before I could register grief the hilt of an aldmeri blade hit from behind and the floor met with my face. before I fell into unconciosness I could see the walls of my home set ablaze and begin to fall. A group of nords wearing blue thought I was with the legion so they took me and headed to skyrim...
    • 13 posts
    June 12, 2014 8:57 PM EDT

I was born in northern Skyrim, more specifically Dawnstar. Both of my parents were Nords, my father was a shipwright and my mother was a miner who met while they were young and eventually got married out of love. I was raised as a basic citizen and helped my father build ships and accompanied other sailors when they went off to trade with other holds. Both my mother and my father died of natural causes, a death befitting their kindred spirits, when I had reached my 24th year. I am now getting ready to leave Dawnstar for a life of adventure, all of those years sailing only helped to stir my wanderlust, and my current goal is to become a ranger who helps the average man with his problem and has fantastic adventures, which will no doubt be talked about for years to come.

• 16 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:27 AM EDT

Well my character has somewhat of a tale to tell.

You see: her parents had fled the Imperial City because of debt, poverty and hopes for a better life someplace else. They came to Skyrim and decided to settle down far from civilization, high in the western mountains. Here they made a simple, yet for them, comfortable living; until one day they heard screams rising with the wind from the valley below. The husband went to investigate, bringing with him his trusty hunting bow for safe measure. What he found in the valley below was to change his life forever. There lay, on the ground, a hooded Thalmor Justiciar desperately clutching a cloth bundle; beside the Justiciar stood a high-elven master assassin clad all in black. The assassin had not yet spotted the husband with the bow, and raised his sword to decapitate the Justiciar. It was then that the husband discovered that the cloth bundle contained a child, a baby and that the assassin was aiming his blade for that and not the Justiciar. Quickly he nocked an arrow to the string and let fly… the arrow struck the assassin right in his left temple, instantly killing him.

The husband knelt at the Thalmor who turned around and looked at him with two eyes as deep as lakes of black. She was badly wounded, cut multiple times. She whispered with the last of her strength: "take the child, keep her as far from men as possible, if they find out what she can do… what she is… they will kill her and crush the hopes for us all… soon the world eater will come, I have seen it in the stars" and then her black eyes closed and she was dead.  

And so the husband and his wife raised the Altmer child as their own, far away in the western mountains of Skyrim… and well from there on my characters story sort of becomes complex.