Forums » Elder Scrolls

New character after quite a while

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2014 5:15 AM EST

Hey guys, it has been quite a while since i last played skyrim, as it actually made me bored ( i'm ashamed to say :C ). At new year's eve, i suddenly got an urge to play skyrim again, but i have absolutely no idea what i am going to play as all seems interesting again, which is fantastic. Therefore, i am not really sure what to play my character like, and i want to ask you guys of your opinions. Im not really sure if i want a build recommendation or what, like i said, long time no see.

Thank you C:

• 1483 posts
    January 2, 2014 5:23 AM EST
    Do you want to play stealthy? Or rush into battle? Or stay behind others and buff them/debuff enemies? Blast away your opponents with magic?
    • 365 posts
    January 2, 2014 5:28 AM EST

I think that's the question he's asking for help answering Vaz!

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2014 6:13 AM EST

As i said it is ages since i last played skyrim, but the ''class'' that interested me the most, was stealthy archer with maybe a hint of magic and alchemy? I dont really know, so just come with suggestions 

• January 2, 2014 6:30 AM EST

I also had a "timeout" from Skyrim some months ago. Upon my return, I had incredible fun playing a hunter like character. Meaning stealth, archery, alchemy, one-handed, but not stealth only. I spend many hours wandering the wilds of Skyrim, exploring caves and not just rushing from quest to quest. Maybe you should try something similar

I also suggest you do not use fast travel because that takes a lot of the fun away ;)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    January 2, 2014 6:32 AM EST

Go full blown mage. If you get bored killing things with one school of magic, switch to another. Run in slinging fireballs and lightning bolts, sit back and watch your enemies kill each other while you stand in the middle of the room invisible, or summon a right merry pack of daedra to give folks a shave.

The only flaw is sometimes you miss the visceral satisfaction of one-handed kill cams, so you enchant some gloves and conjure a bound sword.

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2014 6:42 AM EST

That may be one of my problems, not enjoying the game enough . I have seen this before and after in other games, such as AC4 for example. I think I'll play hunterish with a little bit of destruction magic, and also the things you mentioned . Thanks for suggestions by the way .

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2014 6:46 AM EST

I'm not sure if that is the style i want right now, even though it seems interesting. However, mages in skyrim i think are a bit boring. However, my timeout may have caused a change in mindset :3. Thank you anyway 

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2014 7:19 AM EST

As i started playing, i actually got an interest for mages and their playstyle. Got any ideas for builds anyone? Destruction + illusion + some sort of melee ( archery? ). Anyone? 

• 4 posts
    January 2, 2014 9:31 AM EST

What you might try is to go the character building group and look through the legendary builds. There is so much goodness there, it's hard not to get inspired.

• 6 posts
    January 2, 2014 9:46 AM EST

I did, and the skystrider  by Ponty seems rather interesting C:.

• 17 posts
    January 3, 2014 10:21 PM EST

I did exactly the same thing, even had a stealthy type build. I got back on and am now extremely enjoying magic. I have a pure mage who is the funnest character I ever played.