Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favourite perk in Skyrim?

• 70 posts
    December 20, 2013 3:43 PM EST

What perk do you always have to get on all your characters? Is there one that you always aim for early on, even if it means grinding skills? Or do you prefer to go for the powerful perks like Twin Souls and Atronach? Only say unique perks, I know if you love Destruction you may say Master Destruction, or if you're an Archery fan it may be overdraw, but please keep to the ones that add a unique effect. 

Now my favourite perk would have to be Deep Freeze. Although it may be the least effective, Frost is still in my opinion the coolest of the three Destruction paths, and nothing beats seeing you enemies drop like statues after a torrent of freezing ice. 

So, I ask you what is your favourite or most used perk?

• December 20, 2013 3:53 PM EST
    Eagle eye!

No archer can't live without it. Besides even as a normal warrior, to be able to scout from afar to see the environment way before even being spotted, and helping you decide where or who to strike first and what may be a good way out. Even let's you pin point the shots, helps finding things and even slows a slow time effect when paired with Steady Hand making it one of the most useful perks to me
    • 3 posts
    December 20, 2013 4:01 PM EST

My most common build to play is a battlemage of SOME variety, combining melee combat with magic use. For that reason, the Recovery Perk in restoration is generally a must-have for me... More magicka equals more firepower!

• 104 posts
    December 20, 2013 5:26 PM EST
    Silent roll is very fun.
    • 1483 posts
    December 20, 2013 5:55 PM EST

There are a few perks that are my favorites. Here they are:

1. Quick Reflexes - nothing gives that feel of agility and grace when combating enemies, every other slow time effect makes you slower.

2. Poisoned - a perk that should've been in the Alchemy tree IMO, allows to get a big advantage before combat and makes you able to kill enemies in plain sight without incurring bounty

3. Concentrated Poison - makes the painful process of constant poison reapplication less tedious and improves fluidity of combat with poisons

4. Avoid Death - a free life saver, an absolutely awesome perk

5. Soul Squeezer - for characters who do not use Enchanting (as weird as it sounds). Available right from the start of the game for some races and helps to save coin and avoid unnecessary items/skill leveling while keeping your weapons at full 

• December 20, 2013 6:30 PM EST

Since most every character I play is a mage, or has some (at least 2 schools) ability, I have to agree with Sciran.  Recovery is the perk I take most for the firepower.

• 19 posts
    December 20, 2013 8:20 PM EST

My favorite is also deep freeze :B

• 39 posts
    December 20, 2013 8:45 PM EST
    Shadow f****** warrior!!!!!!!
    • 45 posts
    December 20, 2013 9:29 PM EST

Impact for a mage, and necromage for a vampire. I'm pretty sure you know why.

• 152 posts
    December 20, 2013 10:03 PM EST

with sword and board warriors, I love Quick Reflexes

With a bow wielder, I absolutely ADORE eagle eye and steady hand

with a mage, I love expert conjuration, because I love me some frost atronachs

• 5 posts
    December 20, 2013 10:26 PM EST
    My favorite is deflect arrow, because I don't want my hero get hit by an arrow in his/her knee..
    • 360 posts
    December 20, 2013 10:55 PM EST

quick reflexes, makes you feel like a badass swordmaster dodging blows and countering their attacks 

• 70 posts
    December 21, 2013 4:46 AM EST

I completely forgot about Quiet Casting. Every stealth mage needs that perk :P

• 12 posts
    December 21, 2013 6:00 AM EST

My favorite build style is that of an archer, as such i'd have to say the "Ranger" perk is a must. So long as you have this perk you have little need for sneaking or other weapons. Doing damage whilst running full circles around your opponent is always fun.

• 1 posts
    December 27, 2013 8:58 PM EST

My personal favorite is Elemental Potency, which makes Atronachs 50% more powerful.

• 108 posts
    December 28, 2013 10:10 AM EST

Eagle eye for enjoying the scenery much more and Quick reflexes for that extra time to react properly.

• 1595 posts
    December 28, 2013 4:17 PM EST

Block's Elemental Protection marks the point for me in which I can breath a little easier knowing that my warrior no longer needs to dive for cover every time a dragon hovers overhead.

• 457 posts
    December 28, 2013 9:49 PM EST
    I don't always get it, but I always wish I had it--love that silent roll :)
    • 457 posts
    December 28, 2013 9:56 PM EST
    I feel the same way about Become Ethereal--instant dragon time-out. Pull back on the bow, wait for the breath to stop coming, and arrow to the dragon's knee, "I used to eat adventurers like you..."

But alas, I digress... not a perk.
    • 61 posts
    December 29, 2013 6:42 PM EST
    My favourite is the 'shroom mast- I mean um, the poisoned perk from the Alchemy tree. It's one of those perks that adds a mechanic to the game as opposed to influencing a certain skill. With poisoned, you can pull off sneaky kills on people who you can only see a small part of, you can make a dude go hyper frenzy on all his buddies without Illusion and by using Silent casting, Slow time and Shadowcloak of Nocturn you can pull off the ultimate room-hustle in the whole game provided you have a powerful enough alchemy skill. Merchant and the other "Mercantile" speech perks come a close second, because they open up an opportunity to play as a shrewd merchant or honest farmer without having to pretend with store investment and the like. As you can probably tell, I prefer the subtle perks or the ones that help roleplaying the best.
    • 95 posts
    January 8, 2014 8:14 AM EST

Hmmm there are a few perks I like much more than others.

Warrior:

-Devastating Blow/Savage Stike. More power attack damage and decapitate. I don't know if it is a "chance to instant kill" or just a visual effect but I like it.

-Wind walker

-Eagle eye

Mage:

-Impact. This is a real life saver

-Twin souls. No additional comment is need I hope

For anyone:

-Avoid death. Very good!! As I recognised it also benefits from Respite and regeneration. Instead of dying, "resurrect" with 375 health and stamina? Nuff said.

-Magic resistance perk from Alteration